When Egg Farms Burn.......

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Wasn't that in Collin County, near Celina, like 4 years ago? Or did they do it again?

Magicmanml

Sep 15, 2013
North Texas
Firetrux said:
What happened to his post about the tractor/truck crash?

It go bye-bye

I had it removed, I caught way more flak about it than I thought was necessary.

Yes this fire was back in 09 I believe, It was the Mahard Egg farm west of Prosper.

Torpedo

May 9, 2012
USA Fl
Wigwam700 said:
I'll take mine poached! :crazy:

Mr. Torpedo thinks that poached eggs ought to be free. They're POACHED!

Mr. Torpedo also thinks eggs are tapered so the chicken doesn't slam shut. :lightbulb:

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Couple of years back an egg facility in my area caused 2 LODDs.

Magicmanml

Sep 15, 2013
North Texas
justavillain said:
Looking at the tender shuttles. Who invited the single axle. What does he have like 2k! (being a cab over 4dr I'm assuming it's an engine filling as a tender)

Its a true tender. They run it as a tender/pumper. They convinced to their city council to purchase that in order to replace two truck with one. They replaced a 70's model mack tanker and 80's open cab boardman to get it. Does the job though. I believe it is 2k gal. But the bought it when American Lafrance was going under so it only took a hair under two years for them to finally receive it.

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
HILO said:
Wasn't that in Collin County, near Celina, like 4 years ago? Or did they do it again?

It was Prosper Texas and it was July 31 2010. This video was taken about 60 miles away in Bridgeport that directly across to the west from Prosper.

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
I might make mention that the video above was actually shot by K9Vic. He has a knack for getting nifty video footage of newsworthy events :)

Here are more of his videos. They are interesting to watch and enjoy, thanks to K9Vic. Click on the link below:

NEWSSTRINGER - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:

justavillain

Mar 7, 2013
Grand Rapids
Magicmanml said:
Its a true tender. They run it as a tender/pumper. They convinced to their city council to purchase that in order to replace two truck with one. They replaced a 70's model mack tanker and 80's open cab boardman to get it. Does the job though. I believe it is 2k gal. But the bought it when American Lafrance was going under so it only took a hair under two years for them to finally receive it.

I'm an EO on a very similar truck. I have 2k but it's a tandem axle with full CAFS. A pumper tender is a good idea for a rural dept. My engine is paired with a tandem axle tender pumper with a 1500 gpm pump and a 2500 gal tank. Both are very capable tenders.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fireman5340

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.