Where can I get the FISOS?

MadMike84

Dec 12, 2016
Eastern Virginia
I’ve been trying for about 3 days to get ahold of the guys at ERM for a FISOS. No response as of yet. Is there somewhere else I can try to purchase a module for a 2018 Ford interceptor sedan?

Also trying to figure out for sure if this thing has DRL. Any certain way to tell for sure?

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
I like how the Website Doesnt Exist for ERMproducts... The facebook page does but hasnt seen an update since 2015..... whats the deal...

MadMike84

Dec 12, 2016
Eastern Virginia
I don’t know it’s too late now anyway I’m going to go ahead and install vertex instead. Trying to figure out how to get all this dust out now oops :). I’m trying to use a magnet with a cloth on it to get all the dust off. Next time I’ll make sure that these vehicles come from Ford with a twist lock accessibility.

MadMike84

Dec 12, 2016
Eastern Virginia
I just wanted to add I just called the Adamson place that you sent the link for. They have no idea what I’m talking about even though they have that manual on their site.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Please forgive me if I'm stating the obvious, but have you tried contacting the either of these dealers?

Steve Gagne
Howell, Michigan
(248) 739-9408 (cell)
(Metropolitan Detroit Area)
cbpdogboy@yahoo.com

I-29 Emergency Vehicle Products
Lawton, Iowa
Tyler Lupkes - (712) 261-1296
Robb Price - (605) 470-0208
I29EVP@hotmail.com

Failing that, maybe you could try purchasing one from the FISOS online store, if for nothing more than to see who exactly fills the order.

MadMike84

Dec 12, 2016
Eastern Virginia
I have not tried calling them. I went to www.fisos.net which looks to be the online store, and could not get ahold of anyone. It’s done now. I have already installed Whelen Vertex instead. Anyone finds anything out in th furtive please pass along some info. Thanks.

MadMike84

Dec 12, 2016
Eastern Virginia
Yeah. Never dealt with them until today. The lady I spoke with said that she was going to ask her Tech Support team and get back with me and that was about five and half hours ago so I guess I shouldn’t expect a return call .

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Based on what I just saw its basically the old headlight flasher system just with the new system ford runs, I would say do both, the flasher and the Vertex .... You can have enough Warning Power out there the way some people drive.. but then theres the old Deer stuck in the headlights thing where they just freeze!

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I'm not sure Tony from ERM is still around doing it anymore. We were a vendor and talked a couple times a year... but I havn't heard from him in a while and have not been able to get a hold of him. He had some medical issues he was dealing with.

Jun 2, 2014
Colorado
I'm not absolutely certain about the 2018 model, but there should be a DRL option which is set to disabled by default in Interceptors. It does work very well with the Ford Ready-for-the-Road LED parking/turn/strobe option if you want to enable it. Ford also sets two "Dark Car" parameters in the Interceptors' programming, one for exterior lighting and the other for interior. These settings keep the interior and exterior lights from coming-on automatically when doors are opened. I do not know if they interfere with enabling the DRL.

None of these options may be switched on or off without changing the vehicle's programming through Ford's IDS software or ForScan. These particular options are in the standard, menu-driven module reprogramming section, so a dealer mechanic should have no difficulty changing these settings in a few minutes.

I never really paid much attention to the Interceptor Sedans, today I learned that Ford didn't switch from using the projector headlights with them as they did with the Utility.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.