Where/How to buy custom Cairns helmet?

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
So I would love to wear my Cairns N5 at my career job but rules say no go. I have worn 1044 for a short period as a trial and liked it as a composite goes. I have searched several websites and none I have looked on have what I want. I have "built" one on the Cairns/MSA website to my specs but does not allow me to purchase or even see a price.

What I am looking for is a 1044 deluxe leather headliner, carved brass beaver, black nomex ear flaps, defender visor, bourk's.

Nobody offers the beaver, and the "deluxe"package offered is usually PBI ears. I could buy the deluxe and put the beaver and black ear flaps on myself but that seems like a waste of time and money.

Has anyone bought a custom built before? Where and how?

Any help would be appreciated.

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
Like a blind guy into a brick wall.

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
This thread is going to be strong with the Giggity.

Reactions: massfirefighter

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
I ended up buying a deluxe model off all hands fire. Then bought black Nomex replacement ear flaps and the carved brass beaver.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.