Where to find bracket... Found correct picture, now where to buy? 5/9

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
:shock: :shock: The search wizard is asking for a bit of help... :shock: :shock:

Several boards ago, I remember seeing a license plate bracket for surface mount LEDs that were arranged as seen in the photo, but on a full size license plate, not a motorcycle. It may have been custom made, I'm not sure. The lights were arranged vertically on the left and right sides of the plate but were centered (in regards to the plate itself) and did not hang down from the top like a Havis TIR3 LP bracket. I want to say the lights were longer than a TIR3, also.

Anyone remember?

[Broken External Image]:http://www.oviedosafetylights.com/Products/photos/33_10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
ok so i cant see the pic here at work so i cant take a good guess at what you're lookin for but its not a 10-75 bracket?

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
No, Jarred. The 10-75 bracket faces the lightheads to the side for intersection warning. The bracket I am seeking faces the lights the same way as the license plate itself.

ELS

May 21, 2010
USA NY
just make it yourself at that point?

Install a plate beneath the license plate with the same bolts that hold the plate on, and have them flare out to the sides of the license plate to mount the lights too.

usdemt

May 21, 2010
Vermillion SD
The Axixtech LP brackets can mount the heads vertically or horizontally. Its a 3 piece bracket one piece that mounts behind the plate and raps around, then 2 light mounts that are attached and can be pointed in towards the license plate out away from it, up or run down the plate like the picture shows. I cant find any pictures of the different ways of mounting it though, but I have one to snaps some pics if you need to see it.

Edit:

Just came across some pics a few topics down here.

The axixtech brackets can mount both ways that that thread shows. He is using a Whacker one it says.

andrewsim

Jun 15, 2010
Northeastern, IL
Do you mean something like this?

[Broken External Image]:http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l9/andrewsim2003/IMG00300-20100813-1209.jpg

These are manufactured and sold by Fleet Safety Supply in Naperville, IL

It is two brackets that use existing screws for the license plate. They are powdercoated black and tapped to accept TIR3, LIN3, and the LINZ6 (using the tir3 style flange)

They sell for 50$ and FSS contact number is 630-527-1341

They also sell them that allow two lightheads next to each other using the dual flange, but i'm not sure on the price of that.

In regards to a longer lighthead, they did produce them for the LIN4s at one point and you might have seen it on their demo charger on the old board.

May 21, 2010
Miami FL
Hi, I friend of mine work with metals, he have a plasma cutter, if you let me know the exactly measurents he can make it whatever you want, the next monday I have a appoiment with him the build some brackets, I am thinking in make a batch of lights brackets how fits in differents lights, cars or motorbikes, maybe for Pimp Pods 3 and or 4 leds, TIR3, Impaxx and others...

Also, we can put some name in the brackets... :D

LED

May 25, 2010
New England, MA
andrewsim said:
Do you mean something like this?
[Broken External Image]:http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l9/andrewsim2003/IMG00300-20100813-1209.jpg

These are manufactured and sold by Fleet Safety Supply in Naperville, IL

It is two brackets that use existing screws for the license plate. They are powdercoated black and tapped to accept TIR3, LIN3, and the LINZ6 (using the tir3 style flange)

They sell for 50$ and FSS contact number is 630-527-1341

They also sell them that allow two lightheads next to each other using the dual flange, but i'm not sure on the price of that.

In regards to a longer lighthead, they did produce them for the LIN4s at one point and you might have seen it on their demo charger on the old board.

Woah, what is up with those lights? Are they tinted?

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
That is how the lights were arranged, yes but I seem to recall longer lightheads. Also, it seems that they were raised up from the license plate itself, if that makes any sense.

Hmmm... maybe what I'm wanting doesn't really exist...

usdemt

May 21, 2010
Vermillion SD
Pimp said:
That is how the lights were arranged, yes but I seem to recall longer lightheads. Also, it seems that they were raised up from the license plate itself, if that makes any sense.

Hmmm... maybe what I'm wanting doesn't really exist...

Still sounds to me like the Axixtech version with Xtreme 9's or the new XL6's

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
I remember that one Nick, that's very close, if not the one. Although that still doesn't seem like quite it. VERY close though.

LED138

May 31, 2010
Bergen County, NJ
Wasn't it a Patriot Product? I remember something like that from the old board as well. I think I may have even asked about it myself.

-Steve

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
I'm glad someone else thought of something else... I really think it's still out there somewhere... Anyone have any pics of the Patriot product? Their website didn't turn up much.

ISU_Cyclone

May 21, 2010
SE Wisconsin, USA
andrewsim said:
not to hijack the thread.

I used Oracal 8300 tinted vinyl to tint them, Whelen doesn't appreciate receiving items for warranty that have paint on them.

Just "black" in color? Anywhere you order this without having to get a 30 foot roll?

LED138

May 31, 2010
Bergen County, NJ
I thought I saved it on my computer, but apparently I didnt.... Wasnt there a board member that worked for them?

-Steve

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
I was looking through my 'My Pictures' folder tonight and found the exact product I was looking for. Apparently I had saved the picture.

Now, only to find someone who can build it to my specs!

ai93.photobucket.com_albums_l41_Pimpala03_IMG_0443.jpg

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Pimp said:
I was looking through my 'My Pictures' folder tonight and found the exact product I was looking for. Apparently I had saved the picture.

Wow, that is a really good looking bracket. I would be interested in purchasing one. I had a LP bracket that had the lights hanging down from the top but I didn't like it, looked too bulky.

Is the bracket the same width of a LP?

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
Yes, Tom, it would be roughly the same length and width as the license plate itself.

So.... Where can I get one of these?

OR

Who can build me one?

May 22, 2010
New York City
ledguy said:
I sent a pic of the bracket to my factory. I should have them in about 20 days..

sounds good,i will take 1 ! i tried to make one from a frame and some brackets, it didnt look good !

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
looks similar to the havis license plate mount belive they have 3 different versions

LED138

May 31, 2010
Bergen County, NJ
Holy crap!! Its been almost a year, but thats the bracket I was referring to.

Pimp said:

NC lawdog

Sep 12, 2010
North Carolina
These are similar but iI can see where your design would be a little more sturdy. I'd be interested in one if the price was right. :deal:

LPBKT.jpg

C-TIR3-UNV_3_photo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

LawMan902

Mar 29, 2011
FL, USA
I know this is an older thread, but did anyone ever locate where to purchase these brackets or give manufacturing a try? I'd like to pick a couple up...

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
brooks said:

BIN for $37? Seems a bit over the top for some sheet metal. Granted yes, I don't have the time, facilities, or desire to tool my own, but still...

LawMan902 said:
I know this is an older thread, but did anyone ever locate where to purchase these brackets or give manufacturing a try? I'd like to pick a couple up...

I really wish. I am in need of one of these as well!!

Since \/\/ doesn't make the LIN4 anymore (the lighthead I plan to mount by my rear LP) I need something that will fit a comparable sized light.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.