Where to run the wires on mirror lights ford PI Utility

lvfd2005

May 21, 2013
Illinois
where should I run the wires on a ford PI Utility mirror lights, with that ford factory connector on the body side of rubber boot, i'm sceptical about altering it. any suggestions?

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
Don't know if this helps, but I saw a video not long ago on Sirennet "television" on the up-fitting of a Ford PI Utility and I know they installed that very item. Unfortunately I don't know the link, but it was on YouTube.

InstallDude

May 24, 2010
United States/Texas
No need to alter,just carefully remove rubber boot,and plug,pull apart,and route wire thru.There is enough room to follow factory wiring.We have done this on both Utility Interceptors,and Explorers.

Reactions: AJ3814
May 21, 2010
Berlin, MI, 48002
No need to alter,just carefully remove rubber boot,and plug,pull apart,and route wire thru.There is enough room to follow factory wiring.We have done this on both Utility Interceptors,and Explorers.
^^ What he said. Takes a few tries...I did a few & with the "U" shape the boot makes, it's a PITA. Bring patience lol.

Fish tape helps also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 14, 2011
PG county MD
99% of them have them pre installed. take off the interior triangle to expose the bolts and the plug. look for the purple/orange , gray/brown , gray/ orange and the black in a row next to each other and there you go. they are already synced and powered through the 14 pin connector in the center console. or trace them down to the foot step and you will find them there...

cswroe

Apr 25, 2012
Northwest Indiana
I just use the extra leads in the wiring harness to the mirror and pick them up in the passenger compartment. There is a ground available in there as well. Check both sides of the plug to the mirror and you will see what you have available, but I generally have a ground, sync, and hot and have and extra one or two if needed. You can do this without having to take the door panel off if you are careful not to loose that lower mirror bolt. I use a magnetic pick-up to keep it from falling down in the door.

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.