which switch for which function?

aj9j

Sep 15, 2010
northern Wells county, IN
Hello,

I am setting up my old ford f150 pickup 1993, I do roadside rescue, ie stranded motorist so my primary lighting is to rear of vehicle, so here is what i have on truck,

I am using a Code 3 V-CON switch box has 3 way pursuit switch.

now for lighting,

jetstream 3 rotator lightbar amber.

rear facing wig-wag in jetstream, optional wig wags can be turned on to steady mode with switch #8.

top of tool box a fs 6 head arrowstick which is set just as flashing unit, no controller for it,optional can be steady burn on switch #7.

corner strobes,

dual head code 3 strobe on dash.

so my ? is which iteams do you all suggest go to which switch.

5 is momentary switch. maybe good for air horn?this way when I got the box!

7. steady burn stick.

8. steady burn wig-wag.

i could put both steady on one switch but lose some flexability,

thanks for looking and responding. :)

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
yeah im gonna need a good chair and some popcorn for this thread...

:lol:

EVModules

May 16, 2010
Deer Park, WA
Truth be told, all you need is two switches, one for rear flash and another for rotators. If you have work lights, add another switch.

wdhurley

May 21, 2010
Lexington, SC
+1. More switches doesn't make you any more effective. do what we do on our installs. First slide position is rear/sides, second slide is front, and third is your whites. works great for when you pull up on a scene so you're not blinding the people in front of you.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.