Who makes a dash light with cruise function?

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
I need the light to have the functionality built-in. I would do steady-on if I had no other choice. However, I Have a slim-lighter and I’m not finding that option in it.

This light is stand-alone and would be in a cigarette plug.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Cruise isn't steady-on. It's dimmed down, about 10% of the full output of the light.

OP - are you running a smart controller like Core, or you need the light to have the functionality on its own?

Core is great for this, it lets you pick the percent brightness. I have 30% brightness on my bar and grill. But aside from that, I'm not aware of a light with that function built in.

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
I need the light to have the functionality built-in. I would do steady-on if I had no other choice. However, I Have a slim-lighter and I’m not finding that option in it.

This light is stand-alone and would be in a cigarette plug.
SlimLighters don't have it. They have a steady and that's it...and I don't believe anyone does make a real cruise. I'd say if you don't have a Core-type system, get an external flasher with cruise functionality, and replace the SlimLighter's flasher. It's very easy.

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
SlimLighters don't have it. They have a steady and that's it...and I don't believe anyone does make a real cruise. I'd say if you don't have a Core-type system, get an external flasher with cruise functionality, and replace the SlimLighter's flasher. It's very easy.
Is there a trick to getting the steady on to work?

Apr 12, 2022
Sacramento
I know that STL has steady burn on all of their dash light offerings. You just hold down the pattern changed (Built in on the controller) and the light burns solid it’s secondary color (Or primary color if it isn’t multicolor) Only issue is that it’s STL, so you aren’t getting Whelen quality. Then again, you aren’t paying Whelen price either…

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.