who makes the led sign boards that say "police scene ahead"..

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
or the likes.. a big town up from us has this in almost every suv. i have tried my google foo to the best of my ability but cannot find a manufacturer... I am assuming they are customizable to like "lane closed ahead" or the like... they all are blue and and have like 5mm leds

Id like one in red or amber but i bet they are $$$$$$

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
ok just found a fed sig one too. close to $2,000

Evtech161

Nov 9, 2016
Woburn
Fed Sig is the one I'm most familiar with....its called the MB1, it uses pre-loaded messages, and you can also create your own to add. They are a little on the higher end price wise, but very simple to install and program. The LEDs cut through the rear tint of a utility interceptor very nicely. It comes with a controller, and for console mounting uses the same havis plate as the smart siren full function control head.

Reactions: Jarred J.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
The NYPD message boards aren't legible from more than a few carlengths back due to the blue, I don't know why they didn't go with amber.

DandR Electronics make a similar product and they have an interior model that pivots open and closed

Abacus

May 24, 2010
Sydney Australia
You want the RoadAlert from D&R. Amber or Red but you will find the Amber is easier to read. I have had mine since 2002 and still works fine and mounted on rear of lightbar.

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
highway-sign.jpg.php

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.