For Sale Who needs a nice old school scanner ? -- SOLD --

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowSwipe

Mar 13, 2015
New Jersey
I'm curious, can this thing be programmed for fire tone outs? I was looking at getting a second 436HP but tbh, our town simulcasts our fire channels over a conventional frequency so I don't really need to spend that much money on a second 436hp, something simple would be nice.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
What do you mean by tone outs? It will receive anything the transmitter sends out but it won't beep like a pager....

ShadowSwipe

Mar 13, 2015
New Jersey
What I mean is, can it filter tones like a plectron/pager? I forget what the exact name of that feature is.

On Motorola pagers/radios I believe it's called quick call

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
What Jarred said !!
Even though this whole area went digital, the fire dept. still (for a little while) simulcast back on the old VHF freq. so
the vollies could hear the tones and dispatch without buying one of those expensive digital scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.