Why no Green in Dual color?

DiverCop

Feb 10, 2015
Ohio
It may be a simple question, but I'm having a hard time understanding why Feniex and many other manufactures don't offer Green in a dual color light-head?

For example, Green/Amber or Green/White? Our DOT vehicles here in Ohio run that combo, and its attention getting as heck on the roads... but on closer inspection of one recently, they have had to put individual light heads for the green, and use dual Amber/White light-heads elsewhere on their vehicles.

May not be a demand for it, or a technical limitation perhaps, but I just can't find this combo for sale yet anyplace...any thoughts or leads would be appreciated!

PanHandleStan

May 20, 2010
FL
only thing I have seen is green/white cannons and t6's from what I am told they just don't sell. If it don't sell you can't expect it to be built.

DiverCop

Feb 10, 2015
Ohio
I kind of figured the market would be limited for it, and depending on the vehicle, yeah, 2 lights may be better than one if you have the space for it...I just figured if they could make dual light-heads in any color combination, why not offer it?

Oh well...

PanHandleStan

May 20, 2010
FL
They do, for dealers wanting to buy a couple hundred at a time. Thats why I've only seen one company have the Feniex Cannons in green/white

Comedian

Aug 3, 2010
CT
I did a search to ask the same question, sort of surprised that it came up on thread just yesterday.

Not for DOT, but I'd like an interior passenger fusion in green/white to combine Green CT EMS courtesy light with a white scene light.

Last edited:

hfdemt4095

Jul 1, 2014
Holliston ma
It may be a simple question, but I'm having a hard time understanding why Feniex and many other manufactures don't offer Green in a dual color light-head?

For example, Green/Amber or Green/White? Our DOT vehicles here in Ohio run that combo, and its attention getting as heck on the roads... but on closer inspection of one recently, they have had to put individual light heads for the green, and use dual Amber/White light-heads elsewhere on their vehicles.

May not be a demand for it, or a technical limitation perhaps, but I just can't find this combo for sale yet anyplace...any thoughts or leads would be appreciated!

Call Feniex and ask to talk to Tom D, or email tom.d@feniex.com

He's a great guy and might have access to some heads.

PanHandleStan

May 20, 2010
FL
Why would they hold this back from dealers? I trust my dealer and know that if it was available he'd get it for me. IF they are holding things back from their dealers to sell direct... thats shady AF

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
Tom would not be able to do anything, he's a great guy but can only do so much. He might have some but they would be reserved for warranty work not individual sales. Us dealers do have to order quantities, I think 100 or more, from Feniex for dual colors with green. As stated before they don't sell well enough for most to justify the cost of buying that many so one or two people can buy what they need and then be stuck trying to sell the rest. I'm not sure where they were using dual color amber/white heads around here I've only I've only seen the DOT running individual light heads not dual color ones, at least on the plow trucks. I did individual heads for a city truck which wanted their truck setup with lights like DOT trucks have. He only had to buy one extra light head and it was still cheaper than if he would have gone Whelen and he's a lot happier with it.

Reactions: Core Public Safety
Mar 25, 2014
TX
They don't offer it for the same reason GM doesn't offer a rainbow colored Suburban. The only person who would buy one is JazzDad. The low demand doesn't justify the increased expense to make and inventory them. If you called and asked to buy 600 of them, they would probably do a production run....but not for 2.

Low Demand = Low sales = slow moving inventory = high depreciation and inventory tax, which is expensive.
Low build quantities = higher raw material costs = higher production cost for a product that may not sell, which is expensive.

Reactions: Skippy

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
If you are in CT.... I see a big potential to be an upfitter/ supplier for these colors

Kendreth

Jul 28, 2011
Nashua, NH
been looking for Green/Red, Green/Clear, Green/Amber dual heads for ever, red/green is our allowed emergency color combo. closest ive found is posted on amazon - do i need to say more? if anyone were to order quantity Green/Red or Green/Amber id be good for a few units!

Reactions: DiverCop

nickDPS

Apr 30, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Interesting when I contacted my sales Rep trying to get some dual colors with green he said they had problems with the green leds that did not allow them to do dual color.

Kendreth

Jul 28, 2011
Nashua, NH
weird... i always thought the green/red diodes were the original "dual color" they use them for small electronics all the time (think the little light on your cell phone) figured the tech would just scale up.... would love to know the science behind the issue.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
we have green/white and green/amber dual color Feniex Fusions

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.