Windy

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I put out my 'High Fire Danger' sign today. It blew away.

Reactions: WhelenNDealin

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I suppose that it's a bit better than it bursting into flames.

Reminds me of the time when I had the misfortune of being the Head of House at a residence complex during my first round of grad school and after my first stint in the Army. Administration always had Heads that either: (a) served or were serving in the military (b) were grad/law students (c) were rich kids with major political/financial connections and/or a lot of money. The first was so they could give themselves a pat on the back, the second was because grad students/law students might have money/connections in the future and the third was for obvious reasons.

Anyways, I was more or less the caretaker for rich kids from overseas that spent their lives traveling abroad as their "studies". There were some normal kids, though. They were the good ones that helped out a lot.

So, because spoiled rich kids are notorious slobs that can't clean up after themselves in the most basic ways and I'm a stickler for cleanliness and got sick of cleaning up after them, I started putting up reminders to clean up after themselves.

Then one of them used a "Remember to Clean Up After Yourself!" sign that I'd made to try to clean up some "poor toilet marksmanship", so to speak.

On the bright side, at least he tried to clean up after himself. I'd have been nice if he just opened the cabinet with the "TOILET PAPER IS IN HERE!!!" sign. It wasn't even a dig at me, either. He was just really that lazy.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.