Wire Up Feniex Typhoon with Triton + Feniex Hammer

Hughdunit

Feb 14, 2022
London
Hi Guys,
Bit lost to be honest.
I have a Feniex Typhoon with a triton siren and feniex Hammer and I cant for the life of me work out how to wire it up like this video.
I don't have the handheld version.
I can not get it to separate the lows and the highs to come on.
I tried exact same wire configuration as the video but when I press the button 6 the hammer comes on straight way... I was wanting it to work exactly like the video, whereby you can play all the tones in the hammer and then play the triton separately then press a button and have the hammer come on.
am I missing something?
Possible programming the buttons?
Thanks in advance
Hugh

Hughdunit

Feb 14, 2022
London
Please note, I am happy to pay anyone to help me out for their time. @elitebars, please send me DM.

Thanks in advance
Hugh

Dave F

Sep 13, 2015
Berks County, PA
@Carlos SpicyWeiner

It will help if you take a pic of your units so we can see how yours is wired vs the one in the video. I have tagged our resident Feniex expert, hopefully he can shed some light. In the meantime though get that picture for us

Dave F

Sep 13, 2015
Berks County, PA
Have you tied the wires in to yours? If so can we see a picture of that so we can see what wires you have going into
the siren unit and where

ssilk_05641

May 29, 2010
barre,Vermont 05641
It is all described in the instruction manual provided be feniex. The low sounds are coming from the hammer internal amplifier. You need to set mode 1 yellow to a silent tone this will allow the unit to receive the sirens from the output of your Typhoon siren .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220216-094652_PDF Reader.jpg
    Screenshot_20220216-094652_PDF Reader.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20220216-094751_PDF Reader.jpg
    Screenshot_20220216-094751_PDF Reader.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Hughdunit

ssilk_05641

May 29, 2010
barre,Vermont 05641
It is all described in the instruction manual provided be feniex. The low sounds are coming from the hammer internal amplifier. You need to set mode 1 yellow to a silent tone this will allow the unit to receive the sirens from the output of your Typhoon siren . Brown wire will be mode 2 .

Hook yellow wire to switch 6 on the Typhoon

Hook blue tone control to switch 3 on Typhoon this needs to be set to momentary

Hook brown wire to switch 5 on Typhoon

Hook Green & Gray to the siren out put of Typhoon.

Black to ground wire
Red to positive hot

This will allow it to run like in the video.

Switch 6 (yellow wire) must be activated for your normal siren tones to work from the Typhoon siren.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220216-094751_PDF Reader.jpg
    Screenshot_20220216-094751_PDF Reader.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20220216-094652_PDF Reader.jpg
    Screenshot_20220216-094652_PDF Reader.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 5

Hughdunit

Feb 14, 2022
London
I hooked it all up as suggested and everytime i power up the Hammer, the unit (Controller) loses complete power.
I tested just the Triton, works perfect.
In fact, I just wired up just the hammer and I get no power response.
Could the Hammer be faulty?

Im just uplodading a video to share the scenario i ran into, might make it easier to diagnose.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
@Hughdunit

Let me preface this by saying I have never physically worked with this unit. After carefully reading the instructions and watching your video you just posted, I do believe part of the problem is that you have hooked the yellow and the brown wires from the Hammer in to the siren amp. I would remove those from the siren amp and give it a try. The instructions do state that the yellow wire should receive 12v+ to activate its "silent tone" which allows it to broadcast from your external amp.

The way the instructions read to me, is that those would only be used WITHOUT the separate siren amp and to use the internal Hammer tones. Since you have the separate amp, it only needs the speaker leads connected to get the tones from that amp.

Hughdunit

Feb 14, 2022
London
@Hughdunit

Let me preface this by saying I have never physically worked with this unit. After carefully reading the instructions and watching your video you just posted, I do believe part of the problem is that you have hooked the yellow and the brown wires from the Hammer in to the siren amp. I would remove those from the siren amp and give it a try. The instructions do state that the yellow wire should receive 12v+ to activate its "silent tone" which allows it to broadcast from your external amp.

The way the instructions read to me, is that those would only be used WITHOUT the separate siren amp and to use the internal Hammer tones. Since you have the separate amp, it only needs the speaker leads connected to get the tones from that amp.
Thanks heaps, I will give it a try today.

Reactions: tsquale

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
10 amp power supply (if I think I heard that right) isn't enough.. The typhoon alone has a draw of 25 Amp (Thats probably with everything connected for outputs). but the Hammer has a draw of 17 amps. Even when not actively using the tones, I'm sure the combo of both is more than 10 amps.

Hughdunit

Feb 14, 2022
London
10 amp power supply (if I think I heard that right) isn't enough.. The typhoon alone has a draw of 25 Amp (Thats probably with everything connected for outputs). but the Hammer has a draw of 17 amps. Even when not actively using the tones, I'm sure the combo of both is more than 10 amps.
Hi Carlos, thats what I think was happening.
I actually returned the Hammer as I think it went haywire.
It was starting to heat up and melt my wires on the alligator clips.
Have no idea why.
It had been working solo in previous tests but not sure what happened.

If someone has a better system they can recommend I will return the rest, put a few extra bucks and buy a new brand.
Just want something that works off the shelf.

To be honest, I had sent Feniex a question on how to install this stuff and I never got a response.
The company let me down.
I figured if I wanted a cheap system without support I would have bought Chinese stuff..
After all, most US companies I have dealt with have amazing customer support..

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
not having proper voltage (and truly sold connections) actually can cause components to overheat. I really think the issue with the bench testing was an insufficient power supply. You will run into similar issues no matter what brand of comparable equipment.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
That ten-amp power supply would be plenty for bench testing for short periods if paired with a modest 12-volt sealed lead acid battery.

Reactions: Hughdunit

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.