Wireless lightbar (As seen on ELB FB page)

Grotonems5

Jun 1, 2010
Groton, Vermont
So I've been on hiatus for a while, I did get a few messages about this setup and a few guys tracked me down (Quite well, I might add) to get more info.

The prototype bar was sold to a local trucking company that ran it on a tractor trailer that pulls a lowboy. Initial install was with wireless control, and maintained the factory Whelen power cable. They called me back a few months later to remove the wireless and restore the bar to factory with a standard LC harness. One of the drivers of the truck wasn't keen on using the tablet and I guess he had a flip phone.... If that tells you anything.

I've been out of the lighting game for a bit but just stumbled upon a pallet of Liberty bars, so you'll see me lurking around the forum again selling parts etc.

IF there is interest I will custom build and sell some wireless Liberty bars (or upfit your bar) ... Best way to reach me is by E-mail Grotonems5@yahoo.com.

Reactions: Tony P

Grotonems5

Jun 1, 2010
Groton, Vermont
I had built myself a wireless bar for one of my wreckers... I kept the tablet in the truck and always paired with the bar and I liked it. Especially since I used the tablet for other work related tasks and navigation. But if you use your phone and go out of range you are constantly pairing it back up which isn’t difficult just annoying.

Definitely had a cool factor though... turning functions on from outside of the truck impressed folks. I removed the wireless module when I sold the truck and now it just sits in my shop collecting dust. It’s all plug and play in a Liberty SX bar.

Reactions: Tony P

Straypuft

Nov 7, 2015
Akron Ohio
Grotonems5, I want to set up my SX bar to do wireless control from either a tablet or my computer, Im not trying to do everything you have done to your bar(nothing like solar), Im looking at TinyOS TOSR08 and similar devices on their website, I want to know, will the 5v relays control the functions I want out of my bar? I think I am trying to say I want the relay to act as a switch box, Do the light modules get all of their power from the main power cable of the bar and 5v is just enough for activating the functions? This setup is not going onto a vehicle, Just on a shelf in my apartment and powered by a 12v power supply plugged into the wall.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArizonaFireTruckParty

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.