Wiring a Feniex Typhoon Full Function amplifier

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
It is hot at all times. You have to find an ignition signal and then run a relay to power up the feniex if you want .

atikovi

Sep 29, 2019
Suburban Washington DC
I looked at the factory Ford wiring diagram and it showed the lights and siren module being powered when the ignition is on, and did actually find that wire in the harness and connected it to the Feniex. I guess if Ford did it like that, they did it for a reason.

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
Well it's standard procedure to install equipment with an ignition signal .With everything hooked up you still have a small drain wich would cause a dead battery after a few days . The thing is you want to use a signal to drive a relay and not actually power up the feniex with an ignition signal .
what vehicule are you working on ?

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
Reading from your last post it sounds like you used the ignition sense to power up the feniex.
The cemcom or sahpire that is connected If it was from factory has 2 10 GA wire that are hot at all times and then and ignition sense to wake up or put to sleep the module .
what color and Gauge wire did you tap into to feed the feniex ?

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
It's a circuit that is fused at 20 amp wich is what the full function is fused at. Dont overload this circuit if there is already something on it .
Use the relay to activa your own power source with the proper fuse.

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
I know it already has a fuse on it , but now that you are telling me that the module that was there is not there anymore well that free up some amp on that circuit .

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.