Wiring a Whelen PA5200

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
In my NOS Whelen 5200-PA there are one red, two purple and two white cables.

The white cables are for the cruise light, the red is for positive power (12 Volt) and the purple ones for ground and hi/lo switching.

Red and purple seems to be standard colours for Whelen due to the fact that most Whelen strobes I have use these colours.

Maybe the cables of yours are customer installed.

Have you checked what the colour are on the cables that goes from the power supply. I assume that the cables you see are the ones that goes out of the light.

There is a AMP connector between the power supply and the connection cables so there are probably different colours.

bunger

May 25, 2010
Connecticut

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
Good point! The colors are right for 120 volt. Check your tag/lable. I'd contact Whelen technical support before trying 12 or 120. I know it's old, but they have helped me on old products before. It's worth not frying the p/s.

Dan.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.