Wiring Advice 2012 F150

okc_f150

Oct 3, 2013
Oklahoma City
Hey guys and gals, I need some help.

I'm going to be re-wiring everything in my truck this weekend and am not really sure what the best way to do that is.

Everything as far as lights and sirens go is already mounted and installed using a different switch (going away)

I have:

2 Grill lights

Visor lightbar

mini bar on roof

traffic advisor

LAWs in rear

I am hooking this up to a Unitrol Touchmaster Delta.

The slides will be:

1: TA, LAWs

2: Grill lights, visor bar

3: All plus mini bar

Should I go the complicated install and do barrier strips to hook these up or do something different?

I already have a couple of barrier strips, a breaker, and a fuse block so I can use those where they need to go.

Would it be over-complicating things to use all this stuff for just 5 lights?

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
The barrier strips are nice especially if you add or change things out

uploadfromtaptalk1384841269911.jpg

I may have gone over board but I have tweaked how things are hooked up and it has been really nice to just "plug and unplug" the wires

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
Barrier strips are great IF there's an accessible location to mount them. For under-dash wiring, I'd stick with crimp connectors.

I've also been curious about the lever-lock connectors shown below. They look quick, reliable, and reconfigurable. You know, for those situations when you want to use a wire nut, but are afraid of what everyone on ELB would say if they found out.

Anyone tried them?

WAGO Corporation - Products - Terminal Blocks and Connectors - Installation Terminal Blocks

Verbindungskl1a-g.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.