Wiring Guru's: An interesting question.

Viper2497

Apr 19, 2016
Ohio
This idea I have has me stumped. Picture this: I have two Whelen 500 R/W split dummy modules tied into a flasher module. I want to be able to have the red and white flash on the flasher, along with having a separate switch that activates just the whites as a steady burn (not while the flasher is activated). So if I tie a hot from a switch and just tap the hot for the whites will it back feed and cause problems with the flasher? I don't know any other way to do it. TIA!

Viper2497

Apr 19, 2016
Ohio
The whites would flash simultaneously then the reds. So it would alternate red and white with the same color on at the same time. My end goal is to be able to tie in each white on the front of the vehicle to be steady burn with one switch while still being able to use the emergency function while that switch is off. Essentially a multi mode similar to dual color Feneix lights.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
If you use a head light flasher to alternate these red whites you could have the red white s alternate. But for the red side you had a relay that came on a second switch. So when you flipped the bright light over ride on flip the relay for the reds off and viola... Otherwise it's be a pink mess... Lol
But don't ulf44 do this automatically...

Viper2497

Apr 19, 2016
Ohio
If you use a head light flasher to alternate these red whites you could have the red white s alternate. But for the red side you had a relay that came on a second switch. So when you flipped the bright light over ride on flip the relay for the reds off and viola... Otherwise it's be a pink mess... Lol
But don't ulf44 do this automatically...
That's actually a good question I'd have to look into. I'm using an Interceptor utility headlight flasher to run them so I'll have to look back on the diagram.

jmamrak

Jul 17, 2014
Lagrange KY
I bought diodes from RadioShack when they were around. I was able to use my hideaways with my rear bar on level one, or use just the hideaways on AUX 1 without using my rear bar by using a diode. Just prevents backfeeding

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.