Wiring help Whelen PCCS9R

011Silvi

Jan 11, 2014
Bucks County PA
Hi all, new here. I recently installed a whelen PCCS9R in my 2013 Silverado to use as a switch box for my lightbar/strobes/arrowstick/work lights/air horn/anything else. Now my question is can I, use the slide switch to have position 1 Lightbar, Position 2 Strobes, Position 3 Both? Any and all help is much appreciated.

Thank You,

Kyle

billforbush

Jun 10, 2010
Northern Michigan
Hi -

The slide switch is progressive, i.e., position 1 rear lights, position 2 rear + front, position 3 rear + front + strobes. Other switches are individual items (of course you can double up items if you need to). Good luck with your install.

Bill

011Silvi said:
Hi all, new here. I recently installed a whelen PCCS9R in my 2013 Silverado to use as a switch box for my lightbar/strobes/arrowstick/work lights/air horn/anything else. Now my question is can I, use the slide switch to have position 1 Lightbar, Position 2 Strobes, Position 3 Both? Any and all help is much appreciated.

Thank You,

Kyle

011Silvi

Jan 11, 2014
Bucks County PA
So if I understood you correctly, I wont be able to do what I'm hoping for then. But I could do, switch 1 strobes, switch 2 strobes and lightbar, switch 3 TBD

billforbush said:
Hi -

The slide switch is progressive, i.e., position 1 rear lights, position 2 rear + front, position 3 rear + front + strobes. Other switches are individual items (of course you can double up items if you need to). Good luck with your install.

Bill

twodogs603

Sep 7, 2011
Norfolk,VA
Actually according to the installation instructions it should have the dip switches to program the slide switch.

Google Whelen PCCS9R for it.

011Silvi

Jan 11, 2014
Bucks County PA
twodogs603 said:
Actually according to the installation instructions it should have the dip switches to program the slide switch.

Google Whelen PCCS9R for it.

I've read the install instructions many times and don't understand dip switches enough to fully comprehend what its telling me. And I found the info I needed awhile back on this site, using Google but didn't print it out at that time :bonk: and unfortunately I cant seem to find it again :duh: :duh:

picone239

Jul 22, 2010
Paramus, NJ
If I'm reading this right, which I may not be, because I'm tired, you want dip switch 1 and 2 up, all others down.

billforbush

Jun 10, 2010
Northern Michigan
I stand corrected. The slide switch is dip-switch programmable. There is a good chart in the installation guide, which comes right up with Google. Good luck on your install.

Bill:duh:

P1808

Jun 2, 2010
Florida
it is possible but you will need to program the box first. on the bottom of the unit there is a diagram that explains the dip switch and you need to open the box to get to the dip switch bank.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.