Wiring question - SVP led grille lights

DLBFalcon

Aug 22, 2013
Colorado
Hello! So I usually don't buy LED lights, but I ended up buying a pair of SVP bumper/grille lights. The guy I bought them from has it marked that the purple wire is for "pattern". The question I have, what do you touch the purple wire to in order to change the pattern?? There's not a model number or anything on them. He also has on the note: red (positive) black (negative) and white (go together). I've used LED light bars before where there is a momentary switch wired in to click in order to change the flash patterns, I just don't know what they temporarily touch the pattern wire to. I'm guessing temporarily touch it to the positive wire?

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
If it is like their old stuff, pattern momentarily to ground advances the pattern and holding it for appx 5 seconds restarts it at pattern one. The white wire is the "sync" wire on most of their lights so it would go to the other light's white wire to sync together. Without seeing what you have it is hard to say for certain.

Reactions: DLBFalcon

DLBFalcon

Aug 22, 2013
Colorado
If it is like their old stuff, pattern momentarily to ground advances the pattern and holding it for appx 5 seconds restarts it at pattern one. The white wire is the "sync" wire on most of their lights so it would go to the other light's white wire to sync together. Without seeing what you have it is hard to say for certain.
The guy I purchased it from just wrote me he said to just "tap" the purple wire to the red/positive to change the pattern. He buys surplus lights and sells them so wanted to make sure before I tried it and fried something. You say touch it to the ground though. This is why I wanted to make sure first. My collection is halogen, this is my first real LED purchase. I'll attach a picture below, sorry I didn't do that to begin with. I'm guessing this is older like you mentioned.

Here's a back-side picture...

Attachments

• SVPgrilleLights.jpg
    SVPgrilleLights.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 9
  • SVPgrilleLights2.jpg
    SVPgrilleLights2.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 7

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Here is the manual. It describes a green wire, so I am guessing yours are older. It states touch to ground in the manual and also includes a pattern list.

Attachments

• PLITSTR327+REV+C+-+LDK395-LDK396.pdf
    423.2 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: DLBFalcon

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.