Wiring terminal block for CVPI

TX-LEO

May 24, 2010
San Antonio
I will need to replace my battery this year. I currently have several leads coming from various items like siren, overhead, switch boxes etc going directly to the battery terminals which has a stud and wingnut connectors for + / - in addition to the automotive terminals. ( can supply a photo if anyone is confused )

I want to look for a battery terminal thing-a-ma-jig to connect the wire leads to however All I find are cheap looking plastic connector things that will be a nightmare to work with and may not hold up to the summer heat here in South TX.

Do any of the installers here have any sources for this stuff and or suggestions? My main goal is to have it be able to be changed to a new battery which may or may NOT have the wingnut style connectors on the battery. ( The battery is a blue top Orbit battery )

psteele

May 20, 2010
43.864776 -71.635851
In the past I have used a battery with both top and side posts. That way you can use whatever posts for the vehicle and the other posts for the accessories.

If the vehicle uses side posts you can use the terminals in the photo below for the accessories. If the vehicle uses top posts then you can use a bolt on the side post for the accessories.

awww.wiringproducts.com_contents_media_red_black_battery_terminal.jpg

The vehicles I'm driving now both have separate "power points" under the hood where I can take my power from.

TX-LEO

May 24, 2010
San Antonio
psteele said:
In the past I have used a battery with both top and side posts. That way you can use whatever posts for the vehicle and the other posts for the accessories.

If the vehicle uses side posts you can use the terminals in the photo below for the accessories. If the vehicle uses top posts then you can use a bolt on the side post for the accessories.

awww.wiringproducts.com_contents_media_red_black_battery_terminal.jpg

The vehicles I'm driving now both have separate "power points" under the hood where I can take my power from.

I'll keep that in mind depending what kind of battery posts are on the new one.

psteele

May 20, 2010
43.864776 -71.635851
It looks like CVPI's have top mount battery terminals. If you're lucky enough to get a battery with top and side posts just use a bolt like I suggested before in the side terminal.

If you don't have side terminals on the new battery you could take a short length of 8 ga wire from the nut or bolt that tightens the terminal to the post and run it to a stud (like below) in the engine compartment and then get your power from there...

[Broken External Image]:http://order.waytekwire.com/IMAGES/M37/items/47213FL.GIF

TX-LEO

May 24, 2010
San Antonio
psteele said:
It looks like CVPI's have top mount battery terminals. If you're lucky enough to get a battery with top and side posts just use a bolt like I suggested before in the side terminal.

If you don't have side terminals on the new battery you could take a short length of 8 ga wire from the nut or bolt that tightens the terminal to the post and run it to a stud (like below) in the engine compartment and then get your power from there...

[Broken External Image]:http://order.waytekwire.com/IMAGES/M37/items/47213FL.GIF

The current bluetop ORBIT battery has top and side, plus two extra wingnuts on the top which I use to connect all the power leads to the battery directly, with in-line fuses.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
tx-leo@coptalk.net said:
The current bluetop ORBIT battery has top and side, plus two extra wingnuts on the top which I use to connect all the power leads to the battery directly, with in-line fuses.

do you mean optima?

psteele

May 20, 2010
43.864776 -71.635851
tx-leo@coptalk.net said:

That's fine... but in your OP you said you didn't know what you would be getting for a new battery... These were just suggestions that have worked for me in the past.

TX-LEO

May 24, 2010
San Antonio
psteele said:
That's fine... but in your OP you said you didn't know what you would be getting for a new battery... These were just suggestions that have worked for me in the past.

What I mean was I didnt know if I would have the same battery connections available.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.