Wish me luck! More pics

fedsig7

May 20, 2010
Santa Rosa, California
Im waiting to hear back from a local guy who works with the county fire department. They have a ton of old lights and other equipment, and he said he will give me everything, but he just has to ask and make sure that it's okay for him to give them to me. So im hoping he says yes. Just waiting to hear back...

Here's what he has (all CA spec, and about 90% are 52-72 inches):

2-3 All red XL's, with amber cutouts

1 Clear dome XL with red filters.

1 Whelen B-Link Edge all red

1-2 Red CTS bars

1-2 Code 3 SD's

1-3 Code 3 LP6000 all red

1-3 Red AeroDynics

Up to 8 Code 3 MX7000's. All red

2-3 Jetstreams or JetSonics

Possibly a red Whelen Advantedge

And a ton of domes, parts, and smaller lights

and maybe even more....

[Broken External Image]:http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af128/sheriff77/IMG_0262334.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af128/sheriff77/IMG_0261335.jpg

Getting more pics soon

Last edited by a moderator:

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Wow! That would be nice! I really hope you can get them.

If some XLs are Select-Alert, this could be one of this year's best finds! :thumbsup:

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
What is a select alert if you don't mind me asking?

plybeep68

Aug 29, 2011
Jonesborough TN
toon80 said:
Wow! That would be nice! I really hope you can get them.
If some XLs are Select-Alert, this could be one of this year's best finds! :thumbsup:

Ok keep in mind i am still new to this, What is the Select-Alert??

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
kadetklapp said:
Wow, you are brave. I refuse to disclose any potential picks out of fear of jinxing myself.

+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
SWEET! Force 4 LP with bulls eye domes. Hawt!

May 21, 2010
Berlin, MI, 48002
I hate bullshit policies like that. (Yes I know the ''other'' side of it...equipment going into the wrong hands, etc. but come on!)

Probably won't help, but could you mention LA County auctions off their old equipment minus the lenses? They had 3+/- pallets of stripped 58" MX & XL bars on public surplus a while back.

Jesse Volanti

Sep 27, 2011
USA California
Good find very good find keep these bars and do what you want do not sell them the 2400 code 3's are very hard to find if not imposible to get . Thank you for sharing your pictures with all of us light fanatics out here in Cali . :)

I 26

Sep 9, 2010
Vancouver, Canada
Jesse Volanti said:
Good find very good find keep these bars and do what you want do not sell them the 2400 code 3's are very hard to find if not imposible to get . Thank you for sharing your pictures with all of us light fanatics out here in Cali . :)

He's not getting them - they're being destroyed.

Those SelectAlerts would have been awesome to own.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
fedsig7 said:
Bad news..... They have a policy were all this equipment has to be destroyed.. :(

I circumvented this once by having the dept donate them to the local fire museum..... I told them it was like destroying a gamewell alarm box or a leather helmet.... them chief got it then.... and donated them to the local fire museum.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
An may the Farce Be With You. Use the Shwartz,use the Shwartz

Uman18

Jun 2, 2010
Port Hueneme, CA
Offer to make a donation to the county and if makes them feel better to keep the red lens.

I visited the LA county Fire yard several times in 2010 and they had a roll-off dumpster full of bars busted headed for scrap. The hire-ups were scared of terrorist. Even though they could get more money, it was easier for the guy to trash everything then sell it on publicsurplus. He listed some radios on pubic surplus due to my request along with some bars with out lens and sent some items down to the live auction house they use instead of trashing. But the guy i think no longer works in the surplus dept, they haven't posted anything in a long time and only fire hoses show up at the live auction house.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
ChargerLighting said:
Good luck, that would be great! Free is always the best.
I got these for free from a FD about a year & a half ago... most of them had sweeps too :)

I got a set of sweeps out of one once with the ofset plates for the rotors but I can't find one of the arms for the sweep now. Hoping it somewhere in my pile of stuff.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.