Working Beacon Displays

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
This idea came about from a good friend of our family who's a big car buff. I had made a Tripp Lite cross bar into a working display for his shop to show off to his guests and he suggested that I take my hobby and turn it into something that I could sell. So, he told me of a guy down in Mandan who sells automotive memorabilia like gas station signs, gas pumps, neon signs, and automotive art/furniture. When I presented the idea, he was very open to the idea and would give it a try.

So, off to eBay and craigslist I went! I managed to snag a Signal Stat 350, a Grote 7622, and a Tri Lite RF6 under my $50 limit that I strictly set. Once I got the beacons, I cleaned them up as best as they could get and set them aside. A couple shows some battle scars, but hey, it's tells a story! Then, I bought three 10 amp power supplies off eBay to power up the beacons. The bases to mount the beacons to became the one thing that I had trouble thinking up of. That was until a trip to Menards solved that! I noticed a shelf of sheet metal circular air duct covers and wall vents and realized that they were the perfect diameter to mount the beacons to! I had to make a base to cover the bottom of them, but that was done with decorative wood. I made my measurements and parts gathering for all the bolts, screws, and whatnot, and started working on these whenever I had free time. It took a few months, but I think these turned out nicely for a first time endeavor like this :)!
WP_20170620_001.jpg WP_20170622_009.jpg WP_20170622_011.jpg WP_20170622_016.jpg

Of course, obligatory videos added :D

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.