Worst Split fail on Dallas Ladder Truck

Quickstep80

May 30, 2012
Europe
Why do manufactureres even offer these kinds of patterns to be chosen? Let's assume that lots of users just don't really know about the ineffectiveness (or at least sacrified effectiveness) of warning lights on such a pattern, but at least reputable manufacturers can't seriously believe that this is "state of the art"-warning power.

jakeh321

Dec 5, 2012
North Carolina, Triad
Quickstep80 said:
Why do manufactureres even offer these kinds of patterns to be chosen? Let's assume that lots of users just don't really know about the ineffectiveness (or at least sacrified effectiveness) of warning lights on such a pattern, but at least reputable manufacturers can't seriously believe that this is "state of the art"-warning power.

I agree with you 100%. I think its stupid to have any lighthead split at all, sometimes its the manufacturer and sometimes its the customer that wants it this way. The x-pattern done correctly is with 4 lightheads synced up (as most of us know), NOT in one lighthead creating a crap show like this truck. :hopeless:

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
It would be awesome to see the rear M's set up as a TA.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Setups like that make me love the effectiveness of an all halogen setup. May not be as bright but dang...at least it wouldn't appear like a child's toy.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010

tvsjr

Oct 7, 2012
TX
RL1 said:
It would be awesome to see the rear M's set up as a TA.

I struggle to remember which apparatus - maybe E15 - but one of them had a complete traffic arrow built in 500-series TIR6 amber lightheads on the back. Super effective.

Dallas largely doesn't concern themselves with flash patterns. Wait till you see one of their ambulances. Covered in lightheads, split colored red/white/blue, and no sync.

Apr 28, 2013
New York/Mass
Besides the fact that the light patterns were absolutely completely hideous, I do believe the amount of lights they have on that one ladder truck could cover my entire department.. O.O

(And probably cost close to my department's yearly budget!)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RetLt2020

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.