Would this be an effective location for FAIRY led's?

scruffythewild

Jun 10, 2012
Nassau County, New York.
Hey, I'm about to sell my Jeep and get a Honda Prelude. After transfering all current lights over to my ideal locations, I will end up one pair of Blue Feniex Fairy's and one pair short of Blue Feniex T-4's for my rear side window. Now instead of not using these fairy's and spending an extra 100$, do you think if I put my fairy's in the rear side window (Picture the windows of backseat's in a coupe), they would be effective? This is not for blocking traffic/priority code 3 response but something to simply let drivers know that I am responding to a fire. THESE ARE FOR COURTESY, NOT PRIORITY. Thanks, Rob. P.S. I would transfer these lights over to my reverse lights but I wont have this car for very long and I don't want to drill any holes into factory lights except my fog lights which will be receiving a pair of clear fairy's.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
That would indeed work for simple ID, but not true warning use.

What year lude?

picone239

Jul 22, 2010
Paramus, NJ
cbpdogboy said:
You can always try it and see how it looks. Just because it hasn't been done yet, doesn't mean it won't work...

I am always trying to find a new way of doing things. Give it a shot.

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
scruffythewild said:
Hey, I'm about to sell my Jeep and get a Honda Prelude. After transfering all current lights over to my ideal locations, I will end up one pair of Blue Feniex Fairy's and one pair short of Blue Feniex T-4's for my rear side window. Now instead of not using these fairy's and spending an extra 100$, do you think if I put my fairy's in the rear side window (Picture the windows of backseat's in a coupe), they would be effective? This is not for blocking traffic/priority code 3 response but something to simply let drivers know that I am responding to a fire. THESE ARE FOR COURTESY, NOT PRIORITY. Thanks, Rob. P.S. I would transfer these lights over to my reverse lights but I wont have this car for very long and I don't want to drill any holes into factory lights except my fog lights which will be receiving a pair of clear fairy's.
Taking the question "will they be effective" literally, I am going to say no, they will not be effective. You may as well put a .25 cent flashlight on a flasher, and depend on that to inform motorists that you're headed to an emergency. :duh: Just sell the Fairys, and with that money, buy two Chinese lights, and put them in that spot.

Nov 7, 2011
New England
i just do not see how you will mount or focus that lighthead for this application. I think that most of us always try to adapt and overcome. But sometimes there are limits. I don't think a hideaway in any application in the interior of the vehicle is a good idea. unless you hold dance parties in your car and need flashing lights, in that case go for it.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
You could try putting them in the housing of an old twist lock strobe light (like a deck blaster) without any lenses and see if the mirror helps it any.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Sell the fairys (or keep them for somewhere else), and buy a pair of StrobesNMore E4s for the rear 1/4 windows. Done.

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
Outsider said:
Product name fail. A flashing fairy is not something I would want on my patrol car. Just sayin.

Oh, please...you LEOs are desperate for that stuff. :D

Side note: you a schizo? How many freakin states are you in?

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
andrewsim said:
It's been done, check out AVO Audioworks website.

[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l9/andrewsim2003/Stuff/th_IMG_5179.jpg[/URL]

[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l9/andrewsim2003/Stuff/th_IMG_5176.jpg[/URL]

They made special housing for vertexs (essentially the same) to use for this exact purpose.

But why would u do that. Besides not being a great light output with out a reflector cost effective is out the window to Just don't understand certain things I guess

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
carguy411 said:
But why would u do that. Besides not being a great light output with out a reflector cost effective is out the window to Just don't understand certain things I guess

For the same reason people make the center tail light bar blink on NBS Chargers. Because they think carnival rides are cool perhaps.

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
HILO said:
For the same reason people make the center tail light bar blink on NBS Chargers. Because they think carnival rides are cool perhaps.

Ahahahaha maybe ur right

andrewsim

Jun 15, 2010
Northeastern, IL
Understood, but it might be impressive, who knows, so far it seems none of us have seen it done in person. Why discourage someone from TRYING something just because you don't understand/like it?

If you try it out I wanna see videos.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.