Wow, is this guy on ELB? If not, he should be!

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
This guy on ebay either used to be a dealer long ago, or he he made one heck of a collection! Check out the background :eek:

ai.ebayimg.com_07__21BwP_Vb_21BGk__24_28KGrHqJ__21iIEv1_zwt26BMIBvKsiBQ___3.JPG

Here's his seller page:

http://myworld.ebay.com/sebarn1256/

So who knows him :lol: ?

MIKET2

May 24, 2010
Houston Tx.
This is the same guy thats posted several different cool blinkies on fleabay a bunch of times. A while back

he had that mars spectrasystem bar with the 888's and so forth. This guy must pay a visit to alot of the

cities maintnance warehouses where emergency vehicles have been stripped for several years. What

surprises me is the good condition there in, kind of a second John Dorgan.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
I'm bringing this older thread back to the top. It is my hope, with the thousands of new members we have gained, that somebody knows eBay seller "sebarn1256" by now.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Good idea, Shues. Start talking, people! We must know if this guy lurks here or not :D .

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
Steve and I have spoken a few times. He said he choses to sell on ebay due to the beating he takes on his pricing here.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
ryan said:
Steve and I have spoken a few times. He said he choses to sell on ebay due to the beating he takes on his pricing here.

You can sell some items for way more than they are worth on ebay. I have used it few times to get sickening amounts for certain big name items. Then again, I have also had my amber beaconray removed three times is one month. I bet the things this guy sells often go for twice their elightbars price... he specializes in some really "sexy-drool-causing-buy-it-knowing-your-wife-will-leave" stuff....

eLightbars... where someone who knows everything about your one of a kind light will offer you $62 shipped for it.

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
JohnMarcson said:
eLightbars... where someone who knows everything about your one of a kind light will offer you $62 shipped for it.

LOVE IT!!

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
JohnMarcson said:
some really "sexy-drool-causing-buy-it-knowing-your-wife-will-leave" stuff....
I like this haha! :thumbsup: sometimes its just worth her leaving! :undecided: Lol

Last edited by a moderator:

fyrboy

May 24, 2010
NC
He scammed me in 2011 on eBay. He said, by phone, twice, he would make it right. He never did. eBay couldn't do anything because he closed his account. He's listed as being in FL, but his return address on my item was listed as Anderson, SC. I noticed a few months ago that he's back, but eBay won't do anything because the time limit passed.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
fyrboy said:
He scammed me in 2011 on eBay. He said, by phone, twice, he would make it right. He never did. eBay couldn't do anything because he closed his account. He's listed as being in FL, but his return address on my item was listed as Anderson, SC. I noticed a few months ago that he's back, but eBay won't do anything because the time limit passed.

Please seriously consider posting a thread about that experience, here: Non-eLightbars Feedback

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
JohnMarcson said:
You can sell some items for way more than they are worth on ebay. I have used it few times to get sickening amounts for certain big name items. Then again, I have also had my amber beaconray removed three times is one month. I bet the things this guy sells often go for twice their elightbars price... he specializes in some really "sexy-drool-causing-buy-it-knowing-your-wife-will-leave" stuff....

WORD.

I learned that on the self-inflicted financial rape I took on that stupid AeroDynic I got last spring in my first "picking" expedition. I thought I could save it, I thought I could sell it for a lot more than I put into it...I was hopelessly wrong.

Now, I just sell my farm-fresh picks for what I've got in them and let someone else enjoy them. What little I make goes back into the hobby.

Sirenman

May 25, 2010
Tucson, AZ USA
I feel compelled to offer my .02 in regard to Steve ------. We have been business acquaintances as well as friends for about 20 years now. I find it extremely difficult to believe that he would "scam" anyone. There must have been some missed communication involved. He is one of the few people that I know that if he asked me for $10,000. I would write him a check without hesitation or question. I have had more business dealings with him than I could count and all fair and equitable. In fact, he has bent over backward to accomodate me in many cases. Steve has his main storage building in Florida, but has other storage locations in other states. That may be the reason for two different locations showing up. He also has the largest collection of warning lights and sirens probably in the world, not just in the hundreds, but in the thousands. He has been collecting for many years with an eye toward his retirement. He is of that age now, and has started selling of his duplicates. From my personal point of view, I can only suggest that if you want a fair, honest transaction, you would look a long way to find anyone fairer than Steve. I hope that Steve reads this and responds to his naysayer.

John Dorgan

Sirenman

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Sirenman said:
Steve has his main storage building in Florida, but has other storage locations in other states. That may be the reason for two different locations showing up. He also has the largest collection of warning lights and sirens probably in the world, not just in the hundreds, but in the thousands.
John Dorgan

Sirenman

:jawdrop:

Wha....are you...de....HOLY CRAP!!! That's amazing to hear! I understand if he doesn't want to share his MEGA collection on the web just yet, but that's a day I'm looking forward to :popcorn: !

diggerdug.517

Sep 20, 2010
Michigan
Sirenman said:
I feel compelled to offer my .02 in regard to Steve ------. We have been business acquaintances as well as friends for about 20 years now. I find it extremely difficult to believe that he would "scam" anyone. There must have been some missed communication involved. He is one of the few people that I know that if he asked me for $10,000. I would write him a check without hesitation or question. I have had more business dealings with him than I could count and all fair and equitable. In fact, he has bent over backward to accomodate me in many cases. Steve has his main storage building in Florida, but has other storage locations in other states. That may be the reason for two different locations showing up. He also has the largest collection of warning lights and sirens probably in the world, not just in the hundreds, but in the thousands. He has been collecting for many years with an eye toward his retirement. He is of that age now, and has started selling of his duplicates. From my personal point of view, I can only suggest that if you want a fair, honest transaction, you would look a long way to find anyone fairer than Steve. I hope that Steve reads this and responds to his naysayer.
John Dorgan

Sirenman

Hey John,

I could use some cash !

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
I would love to see some pics of his personal collection. Seriously, if the the things he is selling are his "duplicates" I can only imagine the keepers. If nothing else, this man's wealth of knowledge on the subject and the hobby itself is probably priceless!!

NCICUSA

Jan 8, 2012
S. SHORE /LAKE ERIE/Oh
fyrboy said:

What do you mean that "he's back" in 2011, when he has been a member since July, 2003 uninterupted?

fyrboy

May 24, 2010
NC
NCICUSA said:
What do you mean that "he's back" in 2011, when he has been a member since July, 2003 uninterupted?

I mean exactly what I said. When I tried to contact him via eBay after our transaction, a return message informed me "sebarn" was no longer a member. Some time later I saw he was selling again.

I responded privately to Sirenman's post. I stand by what I said, guys. I'm glad you've had good experiences with "sebarn." I'm passing along my experience with the intent of full disclosure.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.