wraparound Edge bars

shues

Lifetime VIP Supporter
I finally found a wraparound Whelen Edge ambulance bar in the wild, on an ambulance for sale near Chicago. Here are the photos from the craigslist ad:

ai.imgur.com_bJILY1p.jpg

ai.imgur.com_3NZUItZ.jpg

ai.imgur.com_72llXv0.jpg

ai.imgur.com_3Nq8KtG.jpg

I'm posting this here in hopes of spurring on some discussion about these somewhat uncommon bars.

FEVER

Platinum Supporter
They probably removed them so they could sell it.. Probably still have them sitting around.

Those bars are pretty cool Do you by chance have a link to the ad for the ambulance?

JazzDad

Just Another Faceless Member
Silver Supporter
I like the look, but was their popularity diminished because they wound up getting scraped off?

Hollywood

For many years EMSA ran the wrap arounds, and extended them the length of the sides as well. With the transition to LEDs they went a little more standard.

This is the only Google image I could find.

unit.jpg

Hollywood said:
For many years EMSA ran the wrap arounds, and extended them the length of the sides as well. With the transition to LEDs they went a little more standard.

This is the only Google image I could find.
I wanna say EMSA had some kind of design patent or agreement with Whelen on these. Notice no one else in the country ran them?

Hollywood

fireman29b said:
I wanna say EMSA had some kind of design patent or agreement with Whelen on these. Notice no one else in the country ran them?
No clue about that. I just liked that when the truck was placed in park, only the corner strobes remained activated so ya weren't distracted by all the lights.

WS224

Nevermind......

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnMarcson

Site Founder
Administrator
wc 040.jpg

halfwrap5.jpg

halfwarp7.jpg

halfwarp8.jpg

halfwarp6.jpg

halfwrap2.jpg

halfwrap1.jpg

halfwarp3.jpg

halfwarp5.jpg

halfwrap6.jpg

halfwarp9.jpg

halfwarp4.jpg

AvonCTFP.JPG

jgh.JPG

PrincetonR168-A.jpg

emsaleaving_m.jpg

emsa1a.jpg

emsa1b.jpg

wrap.JPG

As you might have noticed in the EMSA and "Central" ambulance pics, the trucks with full bars down the sides have a different junction structure from front to side than the ones with "just an end cap".

wrapp.jpg

Full side bar style

pluswarp.jpg

Cap only side style

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Listings

Top Bottom