wraparound Edge bars

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
I finally found a wraparound Whelen Edge ambulance bar in the wild, on an ambulance for sale near Chicago. Here are the photos from the craigslist ad:

ai.imgur.com_bJILY1p.jpg

ai.imgur.com_3NZUItZ.jpg

ai.imgur.com_72llXv0.jpg

ai.imgur.com_3Nq8KtG.jpg

I'm posting this here in hopes of spurring on some discussion about these somewhat uncommon bars.

Reactions: jph2 and kitn1mcc

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
They probably removed them so they could sell it.. Probably still have them sitting around.

Those bars are pretty cool Do you by chance have a link to the ad for the ambulance?

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I like the look, but was their popularity diminished because they wound up getting scraped off?

Hollywood

May 24, 2010
Oklahoma
For many years EMSA ran the wrap arounds, and extended them the length of the sides as well. With the transition to LEDs they went a little more standard.

This is the only Google image I could find.

unit.jpg

fireman29b

May 23, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Hollywood said:
For many years EMSA ran the wrap arounds, and extended them the length of the sides as well. With the transition to LEDs they went a little more standard.

This is the only Google image I could find.

I wanna say EMSA had some kind of design patent or agreement with Whelen on these. Notice no one else in the country ran them?

Hollywood

May 24, 2010
Oklahoma
fireman29b said:
I wanna say EMSA had some kind of design patent or agreement with Whelen on these. Notice no one else in the country ran them?

No clue about that. I just liked that when the truck was placed in park, only the corner strobes remained activated so ya weren't distracted by all the lights.

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
Nevermind......

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
wc 040.jpg

halfwrap5.jpg

halfwarp7.jpg

halfwarp8.jpg

halfwarp6.jpg

halfwrap2.jpg

halfwrap1.jpg

halfwarp3.jpg

halfwarp5.jpg

halfwrap6.jpg

halfwarp9.jpg

halfwarp4.jpg

AvonCTFP.JPG

jgh.JPG

PrincetonR168-A.jpg

emsaleaving_m.jpg

emsa1a.jpg

emsa1b.jpg

wrap.JPG

As you might have noticed in the EMSA and "Central" ambulance pics, the trucks with full bars down the sides have a different junction structure from front to side than the ones with "just an end cap".

wrapp.jpg

Full side bar style

pluswarp.jpg

Cap only side style

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.