ws295

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTSQUIRREL

Mar 13, 2011
Sterling, CT
Ok this driving me crazy i can't locate a wiring diagram for a whelen model ws-295 this is an older siren with the radio, pa, man, wail, yelp, and two tone selections. it has the manual button an on/off switch and the volume control for the pa and mic. Does anyone has a wiring diagram? The bottom 2 rows each have one red, brown, and blue. The top row is back white black. ANY CLUE? I have never installed an older siren so i dont know what goes where. I dont plan on hooking up the radio option. I am guessing this thing has no air horn is that correct. like i said I have no experiance with this siren so i am kind of scratching my head. O and this is 100W siren correct? thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
V

VTfireftr

The red wire is 12v positive, the brown is for the speaker, the blue is for the radio rebroadcast. Black is ground, and the white is for the horn relay.

Use both red together for power to the unit. You can use either brown for the positive side of the speaker, and the other brown for the negative side of the speaker.

You can alwys got to Whelen Engineering and check their installation guides. Any 295 unit should have the same wiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesseclark2448

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.