Wanted WTB All blue bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Have a customer looking for a used all Blue 48-56" LED bar, to be mounted on a Backrack, on a 1997 F250.
With Takedown and Alley.

Looking for:
LEDX2100
RX2700
Liberty
Justice
Valor
Legend
Star Razor
etc.

Need atleeast 5ft of cable.

Budget $250 Shipped.,

Post or PM

Last edited:

iMoses14

Aug 10, 2017
Lancaster Co, PA
I have a Code 3 X2100 in all Blue with takedowns and alleys I can do for $300 shipped. Only cause shipping will cost me $100 alone. If your customer can swing it, let me know and I can get you pics and we can go from there.

If they can expand their budget, I have a refurbished RX2700 in all BLUE with LED takedowns and alleys. Has a built in central control board and arrowstick. About 10 feet of wire. And Blue top lenses. Bottom clear lenses have been restored too.

iMoses14

Aug 10, 2017
Lancaster Co, PA
You might consider shipping via USPS Priority Mail. Postage on a 30 pound box from Lancaster, PA, to Cheektowaga, NY, would only cost $29.85.
Can you please tell me where you got that quote? Because I took a 14x14x50 box into USPS before to ship a lightbar to Sparta, NJ and it was over $80. I currently do not have boxes so I've been using UPS and having them package everything for me and ship it and it's $100+ depending on where I'm shipping to.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Yes, absolutely.

First, start with the Zone Chart, here: https://postcalc.usps.gov/Zonecharts/
Enter the first three digits of the origin ZIP code. For Lancaster, PA, use 176.
In the table that comes up, find the zone for the destination ZIP code. For Cheektowaga, NY, use 140.
You will find ZIP codes starting with 120 through 154 are all Zone 3 relative to Lancaster, PA.

Next, go to the current postal price list, known as Notice 123, here: https://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/notice123.htm
Select Priority Mail Retail from the table of contents.
Look up the postage for a 30 pound package going to Zone 3.
You will find that the retail price is $29.85.

At the bottom of the chart, you will also find that your finished box needs to measure less that 108 inches in length plus girth. In my experience, shipping lightbars in a box measuring about 55" x 18" x 8" is fantastic. Girth is the belt-line measurement around the box, perpendicular to the longest dimension. For my example box, the girth is 18 + 8 + 18 + 8, or 52". The length plus girth total 107".

At the bottom of the chart, you will also find that large parcels going to Zones 5 through 9 will cost a fair amount more, as anything over one cubic foot is subject to postage prices based on dimensional weight. I believe the USPS is still more generous than other carriers in their dimensional weigh calculation. Far and away, I have found the USPS consistently the lowest price for almost anything I have ever shipped.

Please feel free to send me a PM if you would like any additional information.

Last edited:

irishff

May 24, 2010
SW Missouri
I have federal signal legends, all blue with halogen alleys and takedowns. Includes the interface box for $100 plus shipping. $25-$40

iMoses14

Aug 10, 2017
Lancaster Co, PA
Yes, absolutely.
First, start with the Zone Chart, here: https://postcalc.usps.gov/Zonecharts/
Enter the first three digits of the origin ZIP code. For Lancaster, PA, use 176.
In the table that comes up, find the zone for the destination ZIP code. For Cheektowaga, NY, use 140.
You will find ZIP codes starting with 120 through 154 are all Zone 3 relative to Lancaster, PA.
Next, go to the current postal price list, known as Notice 123, here: https://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/notice123.htm
Select Priority Mail Retail from the table of contents.
Look up the postage for a 30 pound package going to Zone 3.
You will find that the retail price is $29.85.
At the bottom of the chart, you will also find that your finished box needs to measure less that 108 inches in length plus girth. In my experience, shipping lightbars in a box measuring about 55" x 18" x 8" is fantastic. Girth is the belt-line measurement around the box, perpendicular to the longest dimension. For my example box, the girth is 18 + 8 + 18 + 8, or 52". The length plus girth total 107".
At the bottom of the chart, you will also find that large parcels going to Zones 5 through 9 will cost a fair amount more, as anything over one cubic foot is subject to postage prices based on dimensional weight. I believe the USPS is still more generous than other carriers in their dimensional weigh calculation. Far and away, I have found the USPS consistently the lowest price for almost anything I have ever shipped.
Please feel free to send me a PM if you would like any additional information.
Everything in this is how I've tried shipping before and been told I owe more postage. And, when I'm done into USPS to do it in person I'm always quoted way higher. I am also not in Lancaster. I am just outside of Lancaster in a rural area. I live in Amishland. So, maybe that's it. I don't know. But, I've never been able to ship a lightbar for less than around $100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helmi

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.