WTB: Streethawk filters, Whelen 400 lens, Fed switch boxes

wfd67

May 25, 2010
San Francisco area, CA
I'm putting together another one (or two?) of my stack of lights, but found my shelves a bit light of some parts (as well as recently acquired bars sparse in a few areas). In no particular order, usable condition or better (doesn't need to be show quality):

► A pair of Streethawk lower flasher filters, any color (red/amber/green)... just trying to make a bar less blue/clear

► Long-shot before hitting eBay: a handful of Federal SW300 / SW400 switch boxes (or Fed compatible; I've got the SW300/400 rocker switches, which don't fit in the Whelen variety, sadly).

► Whelen 400 lenses (1 or 2, blue or clear, fair condition or better, doesn't matter if it's optic or not... just to keep fingers off the LEDs)

Happy to do the PayPal thing (and I'll pay the fees), or MO if you're so inclined. Thanks in advance!

lightbar_wall.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Wigwam700

May 25, 2011
New York Adirondacks US
Christ, is that a MX7000, it looks like a mile long, does it have it's own zip code? Can we get a close up of that puppy? :eek: :eek: :D :D:crazy: :crazy:

Todd

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Pm sent

wfd67

May 25, 2010
San Francisco area, CA
Wigwam700 said:
Christ, is that a MX7000, it looks like a mile long, does it have it's own zip code? Can we get a close up of that puppy? :eek: :eek: :D :D:crazy: :crazy:
Todd

It's very much a "hacksaw Harry" caper: I took two regular bars, side by side, and popped off the "inner" two outer pods to make the 80" MX7000... just so every color could have its own segment. (Since then, I've skipped on the purple and just do the five typical U.S. colors using filters and inside a standard 47" long bar... also a LOT less heavy to move around.) I'd happily use the 58" for all six colors, but those are pretty tough to come by I've found.

But yes, definitely a big boy... I've never seen any 80" on anything in service around my parts (Northern California), though Los Angeles County FD runs rigs with some 91" bars (so five center segments plus the two ends). Definitely beastly!

80-inch_mx7000.jpg

Wigwam700

May 25, 2011
New York Adirondacks US
Well pretty awesome light, thanks for sharing!

Todd:D

Clarence H

May 20, 2010
USA Twin Cities Minnesota
I have a pair of NOS blue filters, and 2 pair of used amber filters, $17.50 for the lot, plus $2.50 shipping, in the continental US.

I will look this weekend for the switchboxes, I have a bunch in a box somewhere.

Clarence

101_5002.jpg

101_5004.jpg

wfd67

May 25, 2010
San Francisco area, CA
Clarence H said:
I have a pair of NOS blue filters, and 2 pair of used amber filters, $17.50 for the lot, plus $2.50 shipping, in the continental US.
I will look this weekend for the switchboxes, I have a bunch in a box somewhere.

Clarence

I'll happily stand by, thanks!

And added to my list as I've just discovered the Vector's pods are mere shells of their former selves, grrr...!

Clarence H

May 20, 2010
USA Twin Cities Minnesota
Found the switchboxes in the pile...

Clarenceai197.photobucket.com_albums_aa175_chawkmn_102_0589_zpslnjg8zh1.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.