Wanted WTF Old Lightbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muxlow

Jun 2, 2010
Middlesex/ontario
Looking to source either an entire bar.. or parts to build an entire bar. No idea what it is tho.. Just have these few photos.

Also after whatever radar this is and siren too.

The light switch box im having remade so thats no worry

Attachments

• lightbar 2.JPG
    lightbar 2.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 94
  • console.JPG
    console.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 97
  • radar.JPG
    radar.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 93
  • graphics bw (2).JPG
    graphics bw (2).JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 94
  • lightbar 1.JPG
    lightbar 1.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 93
  • caprice.JPG
    caprice.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 84

Ben G

May 24, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Good old Dominion Automotive. I think the hardest part is the square 58 watt speaker. The SVP siren on the console is not original for this year of cruiser. We had the old SVP sirens with the slower wail and square middle red manual button.

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
You better join some of the Facebook police car restoration sites to get some help. Ive been down the same road with several police car restorations and I know how hard it can be to source some of this equipment.

badbrad

Jan 29, 2011
canada, saskatchewan
Radar is a Muni Quip MDR-1 ( Moving Doppler Radar), made by Tri-Bar
No longer in business. Canadian made. Used by OPP , Canadian police and RCMP from 1985- 2000. I have several units but don't want to sell. Some were dual heads. On e bay about once a year. There is a Facebook page on Radars.

badbrad

Jan 29, 2011
canada, saskatchewan
I found the radar. 150 Canadian. Radar and antenna plus the data sheet for it! No mounting brackets tho
Antenna bracket for sale on e bay right now, dash brackets for the readout were not supplied, Velcro, or Just sat on the dash. Later OPP made their own in house brackets. RCMP never had a bracket for the readout. The seller on e bay has a lot of muni quip material n parts, might be old tech or company employee. Might be a good resource for what you need

Muxlow

Jun 2, 2010
Middlesex/ontario
He bought out a warehouse that had alot of "junk" in it. He has 2 working units and a 3rd that will not read the speeds. Buddy picked up 1 working unit, i grabbed the non working one.. The antenna works its just missing a board ontop in the unit itself to decode the antenna signal to the readout display. Looks like ill have to do up a cute little read out bracket. Same with the mounting plate for the "spot light". Founds all the parts i need for the lightbar so thats complete now same with the radar. Missing the metal spotlight plate, radar mounting bracket, dash scratch pad, and the center console.. off to OPP HQ to get some measurements and photos of the one in the caprice so i can attempt to remake it. Already have the switches, fuse holder and lights. plus a old ge radio and the SA450 siren

Muxlow

Jun 2, 2010
Middlesex/ontario
Have almost everything now.

2 speaker boxes with speakers.
SVP SA450 Siren
MDR-1 radar.
Rotating light and the frame of the lightbar.
Switches, Fuse holder and console light
Dash spotlight

Still looking for the 4 red pods. I have some that are similar but are not as large as the dominion ones are
And the GE Canada radio. Have a GR Mastr control head that is a 4 channel.. similar but sadly is not the ge "canada" stamped one

Reactions: Tony P

Ben G

May 24, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I have 1 pod if you need it. Send me an e-mail bgutenberg@cogeco.ca Also, trust me the SA450 is not the siren of era. It is one of the more modern sirens that we used when the SA400's were discontinued. You definetely want the older verson (square manual button)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.