xtl2500

Status
Not open for further replies.

deputy380

Nov 25, 2011
new york
I need help! I just bought a motorola xtl 2500 radio a few days ago. Im having big issues with it. I have the radio hooked up through my switch box and everytime I turn the radio off and then turn it back on the emergency page gos off. I dont understand why it keeps doing that. If i turn the radio off by pressing the off button on the radio it doesnt do that but if I turn it off and on with the switch box it sends out the emergency single with out me pressing the button

Last edited by a moderator:

deputy380

Nov 25, 2011
new york
I have it hooked up to my main power cable running to my switch box so it has power 100% of the time

Last edited by a moderator:

HMFDZ28

Dec 7, 2010
Huntington Station, NY
XTL's are kinda picky. They do not like having the ignition and constant switched together. It causes wacky powerup issues to say the least. Move the constant power to a clean battery source and the ignition line to the switch box alone. We have seen some retarded issues on XTLs that CDMs never had. Also make sure the ignition is in pin 25 and on a dash configuration the 15-14 jumper is in for the emergency loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.