XTS3000 CPS question?

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Where in the CPS is the enable/disable for the PTT beep? I've checked radio wide, and can't find it. Is it per personality?

The portable I have now has it enabled, and I like it. I don't TX much on it, but would like to know if I ever do, mainly for open mic situations. But, would like to know how to disable it, or enable it on other radios in my fleet.

ncfd4303

May 20, 2010
Corning, NY
under your signaling, then MDC-1, there you can choose pre, post or pre and post. then go back to which ever channels you want it to work on. go back to your conv personality, go under signaling, then change both rx and tx to the mdc-1. thats how i do it anyways.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Just so everyone is aware, this is NOT the MDC1200 squawk. This is when the PTT is pressed, there's a single beep, like if you pushed one of the other menu or side buttons.

I'll have to check my saved codeplug for the above to see if that's it. It's not enabled on my brother's radio that I had to tinker with last week, but is on mine. I'll have to compare.

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
The only way to get an audible PTT beep without programming the MDC feature is to change it from a clear to secure radio under the options but if I remember correctly that will disable the scan and possibly give you a keyfail error message. Its been awhile since I have been in a 3000, so I'm not completely sure.

Chris.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
I'll go in and check the MDC stuff. This radio has a secure board (not sure which one). It would triple beep every so often with keyfail, which I could stand. What I couldn't stand was the digital secure squawk that sounds like the aliens in the movie "Signs", so I de-selected 'secure equipped' so I wouldn't have to hear it (I don't have access to the local key code used). I no longer have to listen to that, and the PTT beep still works. It must be something in MDC then.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
LT 214, you were right. It was in the secure area, "TX clear PTT tone" enabled. Guess I'll have to put up with the occassional keyfail tones and the alien talk.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.