xts3000 Programming Software?

Nov 7, 2011
New England
Hey all, So I have an ht1000 but im probably going to be buying an xt3000 version I from a good buddy who is upgrading to the III. We would like to purchase software and a programming cable for PERSONAL USE for our radios. But I can't seem to find it anywhere. I think I have also heard things about licensing. its not going to be offered as a service, just personal use. What I DON'T want is to have to pay an arm and a leg to motorola for something I am going to be using for 2 of us, maybe a couple times a year if that. In my searches, I have also concluded that RIB-less cables are generally not liked? My knowledge of radios is decent, but I am new to programming. What's the cheapest way I can get set up with this software and hardware?

Last edited by a moderator:

tvsjr

Oct 7, 2012
TX
No RIBless cables for XTS3000. You'll need a RIB and cable.

Software is only available from Motorola at a cost of $265 for a 3 year subscription.

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
tvsjr said:
Software is only available from Motorola at a cost of $265 for a 3 year subscription.

+1. Motorola is extremely protective of their software and has been known to chase down and prosecute folks with pirate copies. The only legit way to get the software is the three year subscription via a Motorola Online account.

Many forums devoted to radio things have banned all talk of "how to get the software" except for the legitimate purchase described above. Since ELB has an active policy of cooperating with law enforcement, I would presume the same applies here.

Nov 7, 2011
New England
Steve0625 said:
+1. Motorola is extremely protective of their software and has been known to chase down and prosecute folks with pirate copies. The only legit way to get the software is the three year subscription via a Motorola Online account.

Many forums devoted to radio things have banned all talk of "how to get the software" except for the legitimate purchase described above. Since ELB has an active policy of cooperating with law enforcement, I would presume the same applies here.

I did not title this " how to illegally obtain software" like it seems you are assuming I somehow implied.

Thank you for the answers, gentlemen.

Last edited by a moderator:

PJH

May 23, 2010
CO Springs&West PointNY
Simple... call 888.325.9336 and ask for the people who sell the CPS software. They will email you or fax you the license agreement - send back then let them take your money and you'll have access to download it. Really not all that complicated.

First step is to creat an account on MOL aka Business Online at businessonline.motorolasolutions.com

tvsjr

Oct 7, 2012
TX
911 said:
i can program them ! also they do make ribless cables for the xts3000

Third parties, yes. Motorola, no. Unless you enjoy turning your radio into a brick, either use real Moto RIB/cable or make sure you buy a high-quality aftermarket. Kawamall crap from eBay, bad idea.

Nov 7, 2011
New England
tvsjr said:
Third parties, yes. Motorola, no. Unless you enjoy turning your radio into a brick, either use real Moto RIB/cable or make sure you buy a high-quality aftermarket. Kawamall crap from eBay, bad idea.

he didn't say "motorola makes a RIB-less cable" lol:p

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
Respondcode3 said:
the 28 post guy probably knows more about Motorola radios than most people here combined..

+1!!

3,880+ posts on the batboard and a member over there since 2003.

Uman18

Jun 2, 2010
Port Hueneme, CA
After about 2,500+ radios I burned up my RIB box from KAWA, was reading 70 Astro Spectras when it stopped working after about the 56th one...bought another KAWA and finshed the job.

Never bricked a radio...knocking on wood...but I know I take a risk.

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
Honestly, my favorite RIB is my Polaris. I have a model 1, 2 and 3 and love every one of them. They are the ONLY aftermarket cables I will use other than ones I make myself. And not to piss in the OP's Wheaties, but even though you didn't title the thread "how to obtain illegal software", when you say things like "I think I have also heard things about licensing, etc ( which I dont really care about as its not going to be offered as a service, just personal use)" and "What I DON'T want is to have to pay an arm and a leg to motorola for something I am going to be using for 2 of us, maybe a couple times a year if that.", that implies that you are looking for software sources other than the only legitimate one. Personally, I LOVE when people try to program their own radios with pirated RSS or CPS. Just makes me $$$ when they bring them to me to fix the problems. ;-)

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
I'm going to slightly hijack this thread since it's active and related to my topic.

For you radio service guys, I just did all the Motorola stuff and signed away my firstborn for access to the RSS.

Now, I've got several Waris series radios to program but I want to make sure I do it right. I THINK I need part number H5177R for the actual software but after that I'm not 100% sure what else I'll need.

Also, is that software capable of running on newer computers (Windows 7) or do I need to find something older? Finally can I use an aftermarket USB to serial adapter or should I look for something with an actual serial port?

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
If you are programming HT750's, 1250's, or 1550's, or CDM750's, 1250's, and 1550's, the correct software is the Professional Series, Motorola Part Number HVN9025. The most current version is R06.12.08

The most current version will run fine on Win7 PC's.

There is a lot of debate about programming cables. If you have a good USB to Serial adapter, you can use the Motorola Ribless cable RKN4081 for the CDM's. I am not sure on the part number for the Ribless cable for the HT's, but it does exist.

I have had good luck with USB programming cables from US suppliers for various Commercial and Professional Series Motorola products. You do have to make sure that you have the most current Prolific Chip set drivers running on your PC or you'll end up with problems. That also applies for the USB to Serial adapters.

Any more questions, ask away, glad to help you get going.

May 22, 2010
Bauxite Arkansas
I regularly program my XTS3000 with a KAW cable from eBay with a USB to serial converter on a windows xp laptop.

Thanks

Craig

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.