Yikes! Take a look at this poor Camaro

EMS10EMT

Aug 31, 2010
NJ
Such a waste of a ton of money in lighting and a beautiful car.

If they just took out all those grill lights or stopped with the split patterns it would look awesome.

EMS10EMT

Aug 31, 2010
NJ
cory y said:
Its camaro.. but anyway lol ;)

I bet that car has cooling issues...

fixed...thanks for pointing that out.

its way overdone in my opinion. like I said, take out all the grill lights and it would be beautiful.

NJEMT

May 22, 2010
Essex County, NJ
12 grill lights a little too much

EMS10EMT

Aug 31, 2010
NJ
TritonBoulder47 said:
I'll agree is overkill... But I still like it... LoL

maybe it wouldnt look AS bad if the grill lights were set to solid patterns and/or synced alittle

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
TritonBoulder47 said:
yeah, like a big "X" pattern would look sweet...

+1 ... or even a simple wig wag 2 section flash pattern. Either way what it has now is a big twinkling blob. Waste of money. 2 par 36 halogens would be more effective.

RDT Car 25

May 22, 2010
Milford, CT
JohnMarcson said:
+1 ... or even a simple wig wag 2 section flash pattern. Either way what it has now is a big twinkling blob. Waste of money. 2 par 36 halogens would be more effective.

I still like the 2 PAR 36 Halogen look. I saw a school bus in traffic today and the 2 halogen lights just alternating back and forth still grabs your attention.

I also agree on the Camaro. Waste of lights. Too much random blinkiness.

cory y

May 21, 2010
Like I've said soo many times a par of par 36 halogens are the most effective warning device in use

Stendec

May 21, 2010
I've never looked under the hood at one, but I hope they remounted the air feed somehow, and not down low where it will suck up up water, and added at least an extra fan to the radiator.

RMBROWN

May 20, 2010
Brooklyn.MI
They said david's makin a comback for nightrider...There's the new kit...Alot of blinky's..I agree for the x effect in the grill bad ass though....

chono

Jun 5, 2010
Midwest
Man what is with everyone and adding more grill lights than anything else... it is pretty much pointless to have more than 2...

Maybe a truck can get away with a full d8 type light in the grill but nothing else should be utilizing that many leds in the grill! Money wasted could be used on warning lights for other areas such as side and rear!

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
I agree the grill lights need to go altogether, now that bar on the lower bumper looks pretty cool put it on a sweep/scan pattern and you have kitt's little brother or arch enemy...lol...

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
chono said:
Man what is with everyone and adding more grill lights than anything else... it is pretty much pointless to have more than 2...
Maybe a truck can get away with a full d8 type light in the grill but nothing else should be utilizing that many leds in the grill! Money wasted could be used on warning lights for other areas such as side and rear!
+1

IMO even trucks are just fine with only 2 grill lights.

Stendec

May 21, 2010
nerdly_dood said:
+1

IMO even trucks are just fine with only 2 grill lights.

OK, who'll be first to put a Roto-Ray, or 2, on a Camaro, or better yet, a Challenger?

EMS10EMT

Aug 31, 2010
NJ
Lightbarnut said:
Sorry to disagree with everyone, but I think it looks AWESOME.

Ill say that it looks 'cool'. However, as far as effectiveness goes, its a total waste of the money they spent and the time the installer put in to complete it.

yakomo

Jun 8, 2010
NY
In the upper grill, the bottom level has to go. Change the pattern to solids instead of splits and leave the D8plus in bottom grill

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.