Your favourite 'weird' vehicles, some real, some "photoshops"

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Post those photos that make you wince when you look at them!

Ariel Atom.jpg

Pride.jpg

Interceptor.jpg

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Some of the ones I posted previously in various "worst" or "weirdest" threads...

H2404B.JPG

H2404.JPG

odd4.jpg

odd2.jpg

odd1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JazzDad and tsquale

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Alot of things in here:

And here:

are weird, but I still like them :cool:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
what, no pics of the jazzdad fleet?

Reactions: BLUELIGHT

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
How about the Jazzmobile itself?

Jazzmobile.jpg

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
John, who made those hideous vehicles? They look like old school milk & bread trucks pretending to be ambos

Jazzdad, those are interesting. Guessing the officer can't drive without his hat flying away...what's that vehicle's primary assignment?

Also, I've never seen a rainbow police car.

As for the tractor, that is kinda ridiculous to have a full blue lightbar IMO...I Mean, it's not like it's gonna respond code 3

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
John, who made those hideous vehicles? They look like old school milk & bread trucks pretending to be ambos

Jazzdad, those are interesting. Guessing the officer can't drive without his hat flying away...what's that vehicle's primary assignment?

Also, I've never seen a rainbow police car.

As for the tractor, that is kinda ridiculous to have a full blue lightbar IMO...I Mean, it's not like it's gonna respond code 3
Some of the JazzDad ones are photoshops...

The bread truck ambulances however, were a real thing in very small numbers.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Oh, but this isn't photoshopped?

attachicon.gif
sure.jpg
The number of photoshopped things in this thread outweighs the real ones... so I'm moving it to the lounge..... and adding to it. :crazy:

Modulance shp).jpg

104ambufd.jpg

cleveas.jpg

advdshp3rot.jpg

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
pic no 1 is a react command post?

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
post-12426-0-48294600-1425604799.jpg

Hmmm.........let's see:

Two NA Signal Strobes on the roof

Two TwinSonics, front and back

Four Model 144 beacons on the roof (very hard to find now)

Yeah, I'd say warning coverage and amp draw is great enough  :D .

post-12426-0-56837600-1425607419.jpg

Now this........is just too cool  B) .

Reactions: tsquale

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
post-12426-0-48294600-1425604799.jpg

Hmmm.........let's see:

Two NA Signal Strobes on the roof

Two TwinSonics, front and back

Four Model 144 beacons on the roof (very hard to find now)

Yeah, I'd say warning coverage and amp draw is great enough  :D .

Also, I'm not sure those are 4 beam beacons.  If you look closely at the front lightbar it appears to be 4 beam as well, which obviously is not the case.  I think this pic used a long shutter speed and had professional editing for the catalog it appeared in.  These are possibly model 14 beacons.

beamedd.jpg

Even as model 14s that setup still has 12 "primary" flashers, 2 chain drive 4 sealed beam lightbars, 4 two sealed beam rotating beacons and two strobe beacons.  I can't imagine they could use everything while parked or idling.  Of course there is the possibility this truck was setup like this for the picture to show the various option all on one truck.

In most cases they were ordered in a more modest config....

tx34e.JPG

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I wonder what the reasoning is for that Gardner unit's rear axels to be so far apart.  Loading factor?

Hey, here's a vehicle that is light on its axels:

light.jpg

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
My dad owns one of those in its original (motor home) version.. it's shockingly good on fuel - actually better than some current rigs I've driven in the past, has tonnes of torque/power, and handles pretty darn good on the road.

Once it gets up to speed it just sails...

Phillyrube

May 21, 2010
Flatistan
Just posted this in Vehicle Media:

[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee295/rubesgirl/FireEMS/1973_Hurst_Rescue_Vehicle_rear_zpsilqfiyq2.jpg[/URL]

My dad owns one of those in its original (motor home) version.. it's shockingly good on fuel - actually better than some current rigs I've driven in the past, has tonnes of torque/power, and handles pretty darn good on the road.

JohnMarcson, on 05 Mar 2015 - 10:03 PM, said:

This is all real...

attachicon.gifHess & Eisenhardt Para Medic GMC.jpg

attachicon.gifHess & Eisenhardt Inside Left Page med.jpgattachicon.gifHess & Eisenhardt Inside Right Page med.jpg

attachicon.gifHess & Eisenhardt Para Medic GMC Back Cover.jpg

Some neat stuff from my old squad:

[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee295/rubesgirl/FireEMS/images0T7U3Z0C_zpssr3wluhi.jpg[/URL]

[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee295/rubesgirl/FireEMS/imagesRJAF2QVO_zps6ijxflbd.jpg[/URL]

[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee295/rubesgirl/FireEMS/phoca_thumb_l_sars20tray20120-20047_zpstt5wk1kp.jpg[/URL]

[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee295/rubesgirl/FireEMS/phoca_thumb_l_sars20tray20120-20048_zpsrkxfdn8t.jpg[/URL]

[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee295/rubesgirl/FireEMS/phoca_thumb_l_sars20tray20120-20064_zpsnvdkgfmd.jpg[/URL]

The rescue truck was very unique at the time, as it had the country's first elevating light tower. The tower was housed in the center of the truck, with the compartments built around it. It went up 35'. Amazing what the current towers have evolved into: lightweight and just as powerful.

[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee295/rubesgirl/FireEMS/phoca_thumb_l_sars20tray20120-20062_zps6etmjbd4.jpg[/URL]

Reactions: kitn1mcc

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods

As I recall it used the transaxle & engine from an Olds Toronado, all 455 cubic inches of it.

rettoded

Aug 12, 2011
Berks County,PA
The rescue truck was very unique at the time, as it had the country's first elevating light tower. The tower was housed in the center of the truck, with the compartments built around it. It went up 35'. Amazing what the current towers have evolved into: lightweight and just as powerful.

[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee295/rubesgirl/FireEMS/phoca_thumb_l_sars20tray20120-20062_zps6etmjbd4.jpg[/URL]
Second Alarmers Rescue Squad/Light Truck: Used for scene lighting and for lighting probies' of Willow Grove Fire Company underwear that had been run up the flag pole...

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
The JazzDad Special..

uploadfromtaptalk1426602351242.jpg

Notice the location of the car phone that ensures the driver must stop before making a call.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
What's all this JazzDad….

All of these are real, and they're all Fire investigation teams.  The dogs are used to locate any evidence that indicates foul play, or even to locate deceased persons.

The technical rescue Disco of doom, is most likely used for people who've decided to become stuck in holes, on the sides of cliffs or hanging off things.

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
This is what happens when a Ford truck hooks up with a hot older nurse International Travelall, they have a Chevy suburban. ;)   :crazy:   :p    :haha:   :razz:

post-16627-0-93265500-1426184729_thumb.jpg

untitled.png

imagesCALGE393.jpg

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
What's all this JazzDad….

All of these are real, and they're all Fire investigation teams.  The dogs are used to locate any evidence that indicates foul play, or even to locate deceased persons.

The technical rescue Disco of doom, is most likely used for people who've decided to become stuck in holes, on the sides of cliffs or hanging off things.
I just like them because they are unusual to these US eyeballs.

This is what happens when a Ford truck hooks up with a hot older nurse International Travelall, they have a Chevy suburban. ;)   :crazy:   :p    :haha:   :razz:
How about those square lights?  Looks like they're from a trailer.

Clarence H

May 20, 2010
USA Twin Cities Minnesota
Just saw one of the type 3 ambulances with the Sprinter chassis, the new ugly wave of the future.

Clarence

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Bremach.jpg

W1K.jpg

big foot.jpg

Italia.jpg

Japan.jpg

(#2 would have been believable if they had left off that second lightbar on the back.)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.