attachicon.gif
W1K.jpg

attachicon.gif
big foot.jpg

attachicon.gif
Italia.jpg

attachicon.gif
Japan.jpg

(#2 would have been believable if they had left off that second lightbar on the back.)
is #2 an actual vehicle? (Sans emergency eqiipment)

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
A plastic toy I had as a kid looked a lot like that car.  It assembled like a puzzle, and when you slid it across the floor, and the bumper hit the wall, the car 'exploded'. 

There are some strange Chinese vehicles.

chinese.jpg

And even stranger toys:

electric.jpg

graphics.jpg

Talk about graphics!

bump_go_police.jpg

Needs more lights.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: kitn1mcc

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
I've always wondered how those Japanese LEOs would react to getting some CVPIs to patrol around in versus their usual daily cruisers. Make a TV special out of that idea ;)  .

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
They say drones will soon be used for firefighting.

drone.jpg

Besides a camera streaming back images, this one will have a speaker so the IC can bark orders from the comfort of an air conditioned cab.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
I wonder how often they have to replace the burnt out LED lights from the Chinese patrol vehicles.... Like is it a monthly thing to replace all the lights because they don't work? Is the install guy pissed off all the time because he has to re install lights on the same vehicle multiple times a year lol

Reactions: kitn1mcc and GPC

jacobm

Jun 12, 2014
SW Idaho
I wonder how often they have to replace the burnt out LED lights from the Chinese patrol vehicles.... Like is it a monthly thing to replace all the lights because they don't work? Is the install guy pissed off all the time because he has to re install lights on the same vehicle multiple times a year lol
You assume the vehicles last longer than the lights. I'm not sure they do. 

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
The maintenance guy goes to the Chinese equivilant of eBay and buys American made lights.

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
Somewhere between Whacker and what.

P.S. Ich liebe das Martinshorn!

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Uhhh.... Chicago PD used only blue lights!

post-16627-0-53575500-1434043982_thumb.jpg

1972BELAIR.png

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Old Mexican Federal Police "policia federal" or aka highway patrol I think its a Super Bee.
You think wrong, but thats nothing new Garza...

Plymouth Duster

Reactions: RescueWV

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
I clicked and was like "that's not so weird" and then I scrolled down . . .

Are the grill lights the only primary warning? Seriously?
IIRC, these pieces are for on plant property response only, so I would gather that means no intersections, etc.

2 companies near me have "plant only" response pieces and while most have full setups some of their smaller equipment only have small lights

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Hey, with sales in excess of ¥40B last year, how can I possibly be expected to remember everything we make?

question.jpg

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
WTH is with the euro stuff having the gigantic beacon on what look like galvanized pails/buckets?? Are they light/siren combos?

Reactions: kitn1mcc

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
WTH is with the euro stuff having the gigantic beacon on what look like galvanized pails/buckets?? Are they light/siren combos?
Its a Stem Light. 5 bulb (IIRC) rotating beacon that raises up on a pole with scene lights on the bottom

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Learn something new everyday.  Looks like they were a bit ahead of their time.  Compare those to the Valor or Strobesnmore EFLOOD series today.  Same basic concept.  Pretty near either way.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.