Your used AWD choice: Ford P.I. or Dodge Charger

bmd224

Nov 3, 2011
NE Kansas
Which all wheel drive police platform car would you rather buy used:

2015 Charger AWD
2015 Ford P.I. (Taurus) AWD

Which is more reliable? Which has a better AWD system to prevent getting stuck in the snow?

Reactions: hitman38367

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Hemi Charger?
I'd take the dodge just from creature comfort aspect personally

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Some of my friends have both as fleet options at their work. If only considering snow issues they all swear the Interceptor sedan is better than the charger awd. With that said they all still prefer to drive the charger for looks and (duty equipment) comfort. They avoid the snowbanks, ditches and un-plowed roads as much as they can.

Regardless which option you get- ensure you get proper snow tires for wintertime. Will make a world of difference. All season is garbage near and below freezing temps.

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
Yes of course, lol. I missed where it said "Police" in the first sentence so thought it might have been a civilian model.

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
Chrysler products have had worse reliability vs Ford and GM for the past 40+ years. That's how.
Well, he's not choosing between two cars built 40+ years ago, he's choosing between two newer models. So what is the reliability of the 2013+ Ford PI Sedan and the 2015 Charger Pursuit AWD?

Hollywood

May 24, 2010
Oklahoma
I’d trade in my Charger for a Klondike Bar. Hate the car. If take the Ford, preferably Utility in a heartbeat.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.