Zone Technologies ZTEP 103 Siren/Controller (aka. Those Wacky Quebecers!)

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Only found out about this system a couple days ago. Made by Zone Technologies, a small company in Quebec. I suppose that it's Quebec's answer to D&R Electronics in Ontario. D&R runs circles around Zone from what I've seen. Looked at Zone's website and their products didn't impress. That being said, does anyone have any info on this system? The control head looks like what you'd expect from Chinese crap and the tones sound a bit like a mashup of an RLS, Mastercom and D&R Intimidator, IMO. I've found some YouTube videos of it in action. Almost exclusively used by police services in Quebec, although for some bizarre reason, Hamilton Police uses them. Hamilton is a fairly large city in South Ontario that's close to both Toronto and Niagara Falls. Also found the user's manual for using the control head, which I've attached and will translate. Looks like French Immersion through grade school and high school as well as Canadian Armed Forces second language training paid off :D!

Still looking for any further info. This system and company has caught my interest for some inexplicable reason.

Website for "undercover version". The website has the system's tones (same as ZTEP103).

https://products.zonetechnologie.co...r-vehicle-with-10-button-keypad-ampl10-2-0800

YouTube Videos

Manual is attached. Will post translation shortly.

Attachments

• CahierCompletI.pdf
    773.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Reactions: classifieds869294

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
The wail tone sounds a bit like the Code 3 V-CON and Mastercom series sirens.

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
The wail tone sounds a bit like the Code 3 V-CON and Mastercom series sirens.

You're on the money with that one. I listened to the RLS, Mastercom and V-CON wails and I was wrong in saying that it has elements of the RLS wail. Maybe the yelp, though. I still hear some elements of the D&R sirens, though. IMO, the ZTEP103 sounds like a cheapo knockoff of Code 3 sirens.

Update re: manual translation. It's on the way. Had a chuckle when I saw that a slide switch was an option. The control head really does look like what you'd expect from a Chinese knockoff. I mean it's fairly idiot proof, which I suppose works nicely for the Sûreté du Québec. For American eLB members, the SQ is Quebec's provincial police. It has a well established reputation for being notoriously sloppy, unprofessional and incompetent.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.