10-head Arrowstik, Positive Switched

Wolfie

Jul 3, 2016
Arrey, NM
Current project is a Code 3 Arrowstik (or could be Narrowstik). It has a thicker black wire for a common ground. There are 6 positive wires for the heads as follows: 1-2-2-3-3-4-4-5-5-6. As you see, the ends are not paired like the inner heads are. It's much like the standard 8-head on the MX7000 is wired, but with an extra pair. If it helps to ID this model, the filter is one continuous 47" strip of amber that is flexible when removed. Both ends have arrows in black. The bulbs are incandescent 211-2. What I need to know is, what control box has enough leads to control the 6 circuits in this unit? The Code 3 boxes I have are negative switched and only run 5 circuits. I need a box to run 6 circuits. Positive Switched is preferred, but I can make a negative switched box work, as long as it can run six separate circuits. I do not want to just pair the middle pairs to make a common 5 circuit box work because that would result in four bulbs coming on at once and it would look so weird. If you can share a model number or pic of the box I need, please do.

Wolfie

Jul 3, 2016
Arrey, NM
Update: I dug through my bin of goodies. Looks like I can use my Whelen TACTRL1A, but I have to swap polarity. Still interested in finding one that's positive switched, if anyone knows of one.

Benno

Jul 17, 2011
Germany
The earlier version of the Arrowstik controller has 6 outlets and is positiv switched.
Rev.1:
ArrowStik Control Box #1 (Rev1) -04b.jpg

Rev.2/3:
ArrowStik Control Box #2 (Rev3) -01b.jpg

ArrowStik Control Box #2 (Rev3) -03a.jpg

In addition to the front panel, the flash warning pattern also changed
as pattern.JPG

Reactions: Wolfie

Wolfie

Jul 3, 2016
Arrey, NM
I actually remember these control boxes. :eek: I haven't seen one for sale in a while, though, so I'll probably make my Whelen box work.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.