115vac Mech. Siren

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
I found this mech. siren in an antique shop this weekend. It had to come home with me even
though my wife was rolling her eyes at me lol.
No lable nor badge and 115vac. It's 6 3/4 inches long and 4 1/2 inches in diameter.
The guts are real clean and boy does it scream.

Anybody know who made it or what it was used for ? My guess is that it was used in an alarm system then modified to be played with.

-Pete

115v Siren (1).JPG

115v Siren (2).JPG 115v Siren (5).JPG 115v Siren (4).JPG

Last edited:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Those were all over about 20 years ago being sold and resold by grainger-type companies as industrial/work site warning. I'm not sure who made which ones, but I had a very cheaply made one that had a similar grill but much cheaper other parts.

Reactions: Pete L.

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
These were made in Yugoslavia and sold as security system sirens. One in particular was Black Bart Security Inc, and many of the sirens I see have that label. Looks like they were in business from 1982 to 1986.

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
Thanks guys. I have to admit, it's a solid little siren and well made.
The dog howls along with it when I crank it up just like she does
when a "Q" drives by the house.

I might play with it a little more but the wife wants me to send it off to the
"For Sale" section of this site :(

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Thanks guys. I have to admit, it's a solid little siren and well made.
The dog howls along with it when I crank it up just like she does
when a "Q" drives by the house.

I might play with it a little more but the wife wants me to send it off to the
"For Sale" section of this site :(
They are a great little toy to have and a good comparison point for other sirens. I think the amount you will get isn;t worth losing the novelty of the siren. As long as you don;t run it when the wife is awake (or asleep I guess) she can think it's gone. My wife thinks my set of Martin Horns is gone.

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
Be careful, I bought a practically new Federal Model L from a wife who was tired of the husband playing with it. I asked her if she was sure about the price and she said "YES" "I just want it gone !" and so I gave her the $25 she was asking and mounted it up on the wall. Lol.. You have to appreciate angry wives.

Reactions: Tango7 and Pete L.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadlad

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.