2010 F150 SOS HLF question

fenwayfrankee

Sep 24, 2010
Massachusetts
So this is my first time installing a HLF and i'm nervous about cutting my factory wires.

I have a 2010 Ford F150 and bought a Sound Off Signal ETHFSS-SP flasher. If I'm reading the directions correctly, all I need to do is cut the listed high beam wire on one side and when I connect the flasher it will feed both sides?

I guess I'm just confused how cutting just one side will handle both lights. Wouldn't the flasher just send power the wrong way to the high beam switch?

Thanks in advance for the help!

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
I guess I'm just confused how cutting just one side will handle both lights. Wouldn't the flasher just send power the wrong way to the high beam switch?

The driver side is still connected to the high beam switch, so the "wrong way" feed lights up the driver side high beam. The other wire lights the passenger side.

The driver side connection also detects when the high beam switch is on and disables the HLF.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.