2011 + dodge charger fender tail lights

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
I intend to install an LED hide-a-way in each fender tail light housing to alternately flash with one installed LED in each reverse light housing. I haven't removed them from the car yet to see how the housing is configured, my plan is to install the LED in the center area that doesn't illuminate. Is this possible?

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
CHIEFOPS said:
I intend to install an LED hide-a-way in each fender tail light housing to alternately flash with one installed LED in each reverse light housing. I haven't removed them from the car yet to see how the housing is configured, my plan is to install the LED in the center area that doesn't illuminate. Is this possible?

Just to confirm, you're talking about the red lens behind each rear wheel?

I can't say for sure, but I don't think it will fit (it's a very small space that might not allow room for the LAW head to fit without enlarging the hole a little), plus it really wouldn't give you much output IMO (because you'd only have head on warning coming from the top of the LAW, since there isn't a real reflector there). However, I have seen a local S.O. remove the red lens itself and surface mount ghosts/ions in place of the OEM fender tail light. I would go with an nForce (which wasn't out at the time the ghosts/ions were installed on that charger) to give you good linear warning in a small package; yeah, it's obviously a little more visible than a HAW, but I don't think people will be looking close at the rear fender tail light close enough to see if it's OEM or some clear lens lighthead

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
No, I'm referring to the actual brake/turn signal taillight housing at the rear of the car as opposed to the light housing in the trunk lid. I want to install an LED hideaway there and "delete" the OEM taillight flasher function. Since most upfits only focus on the trunk lid section, I've not seen anything on adding a bulb to the fender tail light housing.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.