2011 Tahoe Slicktop [New Rigid Bar Added 2/26/2011]

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
I like the lens/effect that you shot the video with :thumbsup:

Az_Medic

Mar 30, 2011
US AZ
Do you have any other updates to this sick hoe? I'm looking to outfit an upcoming expedition for my MCSO stuff as well. Have you tested the Wilson cellular repeater in the dead spots of the lake? ie lower sycamore, and bush hwy just south of the beeline, butcher jones? I was looking into getting the pegasus but kinda worried about the RFI problems and heat issues that alot of the Feniex lights are experiencing. I really like the SNM E66 I was thinking about doing a R/B/R/B/R/B configuration and have it alternate in a quad pattern. Trying not to go to overboard but still want to be safe and seen when responding to medicals code 3 when needed.

P12334

Jan 7, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Did Maricopa County supply the equipment or did you have to supply it yourself. From reading, it sounds as though this is your personal vehicle and not agency issued, which would tell me that everything else is personal as well! I know I am interviewing with Creative Communications in Arizona, next week! Other than that GORGEOUS SUV!

Jan 7, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Az_Medic said:
Do you have any other updates to this sick hoe? I'm looking to outfit an upcoming expedition for my MCSO stuff as well. Have you tested the Wilson cellular repeater in the dead spots of the lake? ie lower sycamore, and bush hwy just south of the beeline, butcher jones? I was looking into getting the pegasus but kinda worried about the RFI problems and heat issues that alot of the Feniex lights are experiencing. I really like the SNM E66 I was thinking about doing a R/B/R/B/R/B configuration and have it alternate in a quad pattern. Trying not to go to overboard but still want to be safe and seen when responding to medicals code 3 when needed.

P12334

Rontan has some VERY nice lights now as well that would fit any application and are extremely bright. Their new Maximum bar smokes a Whelen Liberty! Contact me at Pursuit Electronics or on here if I may be of help for you. I sell them all!

paladin

Mar 14, 2011
Arizona
They don't pay for anything.

Feniex has fixed the RFI issue and actually sent me a new bar. More flash patterns too. Same brightness. A little annoyed with the process but it looks good.

I am adding those whelen par36 lights in r/b with the white driving lights which will be nice.

The wilson repeater definitely works for the salt river and bush hwy which is a plus.

I added a cradlepoint mobile broadband router to handle the internet and wifi.

Havnt installed the pushbumper or the rigid industries lights yet either.

Come december the HAWs and the grill lights will go in :)

I also ordered an escalade roof rack to help conceal the antennas and perhaps add some additional lighting there.

Thinking about some lights for the runners or an intersector but havnt decided.

My next project will be to order an escalade 3rd brake light (which spans the width of the roof), and put some dual color warning leds in there... it'll look oem but have warning lights; ill post updates as i get further along.

paladin

Mar 14, 2011
Arizona
Az_Medic said:

P12334

Also, I guess SNM has a new E66 that does dual color (RRR/BBB) but then switches to amber when using traffic patterns............................... makes me want to upgrade and put the old one in the hummer :D

chono

Jun 5, 2010
Midwest
Az_Medic said:
I really like the SNM E66 I was thinking about doing a R/B/R/B/R/B configuration and have it alternate in a quad pattern.

P12334

Alternate the patterns so its all red and all blue. If you do it the way your thinking youll just be a purple blob.

poesdad

Feb 19, 2011
Bend Oregon
paladin said:
Thats an interesting option, although too bad there isnt something out there that can span the whole width of the tailgate.

Able 2 LED by the inch goes all the way across.

This is what our vehicles have, and I must say, very impressive. Great flash patterns, and very bright, regardless of the older generation heads. Lots of people give us complements.

paladin

Mar 14, 2011
Arizona
Just added some new stuff to the truck:

Feniex sent me a replacement Interior Pegasus bar with RFI Shielding to resolve an issue i had with interference with VHF channels. As a result, there are more flash patterns as well.

Added Whelen ION Body Mount LEDs to my mirrors (effectively making mirror beams)

Added Sound off Intersectors

I also finally got my SNM E44 Bars in my grill!

Now I just need to get the HAWs in :)

First video is during the day. Second video is at night, and a little longer to show the new feniex patterns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpFBWDXDvCo&hd=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOc5FaOgoWI&hd=1

arsenal10

Jun 9, 2010
California
Looks nice. Not a fan of the day time light bar flash pattern. I would also have picked one solid color for each mirror beam and interior intersection instead of both split. That's a lot of 45 degree warning! Guess that's better than none! Other than that install looks clean.

paladin

Mar 14, 2011
Arizona
arsenal10 said:
Looks nice. Not a fan of the day time light bar flash pattern. I would also have picked one solid color for each mirror beam and interior intersection instead of both split. That's a lot of 45 degree warning! Guess that's better than none! Other than that install looks clean.

Oh the interior "intersection" light is going away - thats what the mirrors lights were intended to replace. I just havent taken them out yet :) Literally installed today and posted a video.

The Interior upper lightbar is set to a random/scrolling flash pattern, i havnt figured out which pattern i like best yet either.

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
paladin said:
Oh the interior "intersection" light is going away - thats what the mirrors lights were intended to replace. I just havent taken them out yet :) Literally installed today and posted a video.

The Interior upper lightbar is set to a random/scrolling flash pattern, i havnt figured out which pattern i like best yet either.

You answered my question...Its a bit crazy in the corners right now with the spitfires in the corners still. I think it will look better when you take them out, especially because they currently are unsynced. I love the grill lights with wig wags and hideaways, I look forward to that as well. Nice install!

cbpdogboy

May 23, 2010
Detroit, MI
Looks nice, but I think it would have been more effective to have a solid patterns. I would have had a solid red Ion, solid red interior corner dashlight , and red Intersector all set to steady burn and synced with a solid red bar in the grill. The same would have been done for the blue. This would create a larger warning footprint of solid color, not a twinkle effect of pink at a distance...

Incredible Install.

One question. Who built your K9 Kennel / Drawers? That is one of the best K-9 Kennel's I have ever seen, especially with the feature that it can be removed off of the tray opening up all the room when you need it.

paladin

Mar 14, 2011
Arizona
Radarcop290 said:
Incredible Install.

One question. Who built your K9 Kennel / Drawers? That is one of the best K-9 Kennel's I have ever seen, especially with the feature that it can be removed off of the tray opening up all the room when you need it.

A local metal shop/fabricator here called B&B Enterprises based out of Phoenix, Arizona. They made drawers and slide outs for our swat trucks, so when I learned of them, i drew up my own plans and brought it to them. This is a one-off custom box that I designed and specifically requested these features :D i've gotten a lot of good feedback about it. There were a few issues here and there but they do good work and its high quality. Ill try to remember to take some more pictures and upload them for you guys.

BB Enterprise

They also make custom brackets and even faceplates for consoles.

Heres a new video at night: I havn't gotten around to syncing the lights yet, and have not mounted the rear lights permanently yet, and I will be removing those windshield dash lights. Hopefully I can get my HAWS and rear lights permanently installed soon :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwGBthzH7UM&hd=1

What you can see though is how the light spread of those intersectors are by looking at the pavement in the video..., truly good spread... and then at the end of the video, how the blue intersector lights up the side of that house.. I originally didn't plan on getting them, but im decently impressed.

Last edited by a moderator:

paladin

Mar 14, 2011
Arizona
Just mounted the half-height PB400 and the 30" Rigid Industries LED bar. It's such a perfect fit!

6786839314_d0178450cc_b.jpg

6786847816_6227f304fa_b.jpg

6933851531_d142586e7b_b.jpg

Az_Medic

Mar 30, 2011
US AZ
Looks great! How did you mount your portable radio chargers in the console? I just ordered a charger like what you have.

Thanks!

paladin

Mar 14, 2011
Arizona
Az_Medic said:
Looks great! How did you mount your portable radio chargers in the console? I just ordered a charger like what you have.

Thanks!

I couldn't find a faceplate for a dual drop in charger for a havis console - so I had one made.

G1159

May 23, 2010
Southern New England
paladin said:
I couldn't find a faceplate for a dual drop in charger for a havis console - so I had one made.

Could you PM me the contact info for the folks that made the dual charger faceplate for the Havis? I have a single and want to convert it to a dual like that. What or who should I ask for?

Thx!

Awesome job, well thought out and balanced, nothing beats brand new black slick top.

paladin

Mar 14, 2011
Arizona
G1159 said:
Could you PM me the contact info for the folks that made the dual charger faceplate for the Havis? I have a single and want to convert it to a dual like that. What or who should I ask for?

Thx!

Awesome job, well thought out and balanced, nothing beats brand new black slick top.

Its the same company who did my k9 box - the contact info is above. Just ask for a dual drop in charger for the motorola chargers.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
wow that rigid bar looks CRAZY. i have a pair of the Dulleys and their output is great! i can only imagine that bar

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cawensel

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.