2012 Ford Escape ( a work in progress) Updated 06/13/13

May 22, 2010
New York City
This is a partial install , i am not finished yet i ran out of time today and im still waiting for a few more products to arrive.

Whats on it now.....

Code 3 Gen 3 Par 36 TIR visor light in red/white
Whelen ION red/white (pair) in the grill
Whelen vertex in white in the fog lights
Whelen vertex in red/blue in the reverse lights
Galls branded Signal handheld siren
Federal Signal Dynamax speaker

Whats still going to be installed....

Whelen HLF
Soundoff ghost in each rear cargo window in red
Whelen 6 head super dominator lin z6 in red/blue/amber-amber/blue/red

Motorola CDM1550 in uhf remote mount
Motorola CDM750 in uhf remote mount in rear cargo area

Streamlight LED litebox and charger
Streamlight LED Stinger and chargerIMG_1598.jpg

IMG_1599.jpg

IMG_1600.jpg

IMG_1601.jpg

IMG_1602.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Looks pretty well lit up already. The Dominator will fill the rear window nicely. Good install Jay :thumbsup:

THEFLASH

May 21, 2010
ALABAMA
Hahahahahaha!!! I was reading what was installed while the vid loaded and im not gonna lie, the christmas music threw me off a bit! Nice install though!

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
Are those split heads in tail lights or is it 4 vertexs? I like how it looks! The fog lights look very bright too.

May 22, 2010
New York City
thanks everyone.. !!!

i am going to use the same way to put the dominator, those plastic clips are in the right spot to mount the dominator.....

yes they are split vertex's r/b in 1 unit

honestly i dont usually like visor lights,b/c i like my lights in the center or even ( 1 on each side)

but with the limited space in the escape that visor light fits it well

bwoodruff

Aug 8, 2011
Upstate NY
Very nice looking setup. I was thinking about a Ford Escape, but was concerned about the apparent lack of available room to mount radios and switch boxes. Any comments on that?

factorone33

Jun 13, 2010
Merriam, KS
I dig it. The Vertexes in the fog lights really have a lot of punch. Did you drill those into the reflectors, or just replace the bulb outright? I can't tell from the pics/vid (I'm blind as hell). The Dominator to the rear should fill it out nicely.

May 22, 2010
New York City
it does have some room, if you are a person who wants to put a few radios,swtichbox,siren then i would say put the havis console in..

i am putting a remote mount radio,and my siren/light control is handheld, so i got all the room i need.......

i did drill into the reflector for the vertex's.......

i am going to finish the install once the dominator arrives...... i might add some intersectors to the roof racks as well..as i seen a suv with them today and it looked great........

bfd740

Jul 4, 2010
Babylon, NY
+1 for the music

+1 for the front flash patterns

Suggestions:

1. How about something on dash? Single Talon/Avenger in red would go nicely. Then you'll have every level covered.

2. 10-75 bracket (or push bumper)

3. Strobe pattern for rear vertexes, slow pattern for back window

zsiya

May 22, 2010
AL
THEFLASH said:
Hahahahahaha!!! I was reading what was installed while the vid loaded and im not gonna lie, the christmas music threw me off a bit! Nice install though!

You know you were jammin' with it!

May 22, 2010
New York City
bfd740 said:
+1 for the music
+1 for the front flash patterns

Suggestions:

1. How about something on dash? Single Talon/Avenger in red would go nicely. Then you'll have every level covered.

2. 10-75 bracket (or push bumper)

3. Strobe pattern for rear vertexes, slow pattern for back window

i do have a red/red dual viper, i had it mounted temporarily....im not crazy how it looked......i may put a slimlighter tho.....

strobe pattern on the back vertex's was a no go......they started to look purplish..... this was the most effective pattern......

otsh917

Dec 23, 2011
Iowa
911 said:
it does have some room, if you are a person who wants to put a few radios,swtichbox,siren then i would say put the havis console in..

i am putting a remote mount radio,and my siren/light control is handheld, so i got all the room i need.......

i did drill into the reflector for the vertex's.......

i am going to finish the install once the dominator arrives...... i might add some intersectors to the roof racks as well..as i seen a suv with them today and it looked great........

I am geting ready to put some hide-a-ways in my f-150 fog lights as well...may i ask where you put yours in the light (top, bottom, a side)? Also, what did you use to drill the holes (special bit or tool) Looks great btw!

May 22, 2010
New York City
ok, earlier in the week, i added 2 dual vipers in the rear, but the top part of the rear hatch was blocking them too much.

so i took 1 out, and moved the other to the middle, it sits alot better..... i just have to add a 1/2" bushing tomorrow to lower it a bit and it will be have a bit more clearance, here is a little video how it looks now...

ai1155.photobucket.com_albums_p548_911radios_th_MVI_2240.jpg

spc2315

Mar 27, 2011
Connecticut
Looks clean nice install. Seeing all these vids of escapes is getting my excited to get mine and install everything. How do you like the vehicle? How does it ride? Gas mileage?

NJEMT

May 22, 2010
Essex County, NJ
Can you post a better pic of the vertex's in the fog lights, i want to put some in there and it does not look like there is enough space.

KRC845

Jun 27, 2010
Newcastle, OK
NJEMT said:
Can you post a better pic of the vertex's in the fog lights, i want to put some in there and it does not look like there is enough space.

+1

I am not sure if I want to put vertexes in mine or replace the whole light with PAR 28. Either way it will be white and I think the 28s would be too bright.

May 22, 2010
New York City
i recently changed the siren to a federal signal PA-650 nypd spec model, removed the dual viper from the rear

and i added a ram mount ipad holder ...

IMG_2445.jpg

IMG_2444.jpg

IMG_2443.jpg

bwoodruff

Aug 8, 2011
Upstate NY
911 said:
i recently changed the siren to a federal signal PA-650 nypd spec model, removed the dual viper from the rear

and i added a ram mount ipad holder ...

How do you like it? I was thinking about getting one but had heard complaints that it isn't very stable (shakes, especially when using the touch screen).

May 22, 2010
New York City
so far so good, i do notice it shake a bit, but not enough to bother me.......... as you drive it shakes, but when still i didnt find it to be a big problem......

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
911 said:
i added a uniden home patrol 1 and took out the ipad, since in never used it !

How do you like the home patrol?

May 22, 2010
New York City
thanks tom , the galls model was horrible, i replaced with the 650 nypd spec model. its not bad, but its not worth the price they ask for it !

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
PB looks good! Now all u gotta do is add some blinkies to it, so that it doesn't look naked!

Can you give us a demo vid with the NYPD spec siren?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
covert

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.