2013-2015 FPIU factory rear hatch lighting components?

WS295

May 31, 2012
NE, USA
I’ve been looking high and low and calling junkyard after junkyard trying to find the components that came from the factory with the “ready for the road” lighting package on my 2013 Utility. When the car was decommissioned they left the Ion brackets in the top of the back window and the male wiring connectors there and at the bottom of the tailgate, but took the lights, covers, the upper half of the rear inside trim, etc.

How do I find replacements if every junkyard where I see the light covers turns out to be a dead end? This is driving me crazy and I really want these components to properly do my POV install.

See photo:2574E089-961D-4602-BEB2-49BC53E185A8.jpeg

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
I hate to say it but I can't find that in the modifiers guide, and it seems I can't find the guides i uploaded here to the site. You might have to take your Vin number and go to Ford and ask the parts dept to decipher your build off it and then would be able to find the part numbers for those items to better be able to find them outside of Ford or you may be stuck with only getting them from Ford.

Sorry

WS295

May 31, 2012
NE, USA
Thanks for the reply. I think I struck gold and found the two Ions (complete with mounting brackets and Molex MX150 plugs intact) for the hatch bottom on eBay - the ones that're red and blue in the photo. Guy I bought them from knows what the upper window trim is and is going to see if he has any. Part numbers for the bottom hatch light assemblies seem to be Ford/Motorcraft MCDG13-15442-EB/MCDG13-15442-DB, but that might just be the Ion with MX150 connector and possibly not necessarily including the special brackets that screw into the gate after the Ion screws in using the regular two screw holes on the back.

Also have Ford looking into the part numbers and how to get them, gave them my VIN and the package code that featured these lights. Tried describing it over the phone and gave them the part number for the upper trim without the light accommodations to try to get at what I meant, ultimately got the parts rep's email and sent him the above photo. For what it's worth, the package was 66C ("Rear Lighting Solution") in 2013 (guessing through 2015).

Reactions: Nolines

WS295

May 31, 2012
NE, USA
Ford wasn’t really any help seeing as the parts guy never got back to me, but thanks to my eBay OEM police parts guy, I have the part numbers for the upper window rear light covers and hopefully I’m about to buy a set from him. The nomenclature is “Shield - Driver’s Side (LH) - Ford (DB5Z-13B465-AA)” and “Shield - Passenger Side (RH) - Ford (DB5Z-13B464-AA)”. Based on how the lip sits against the upper hatch trim without any special snaps, I have to imagine you can just take an ordinary upper hatch trim piece, fit the covers against it, and cut out an appropriate opening - I’d already cut openings on a trim piece I pulled out of a police package without the lights to fit the brackets, so now I’ll fit the shields on it and see how much more to cut. I have the mounts for the bottom of the gate like I said, but I think the part numbers on them are for the Ions, not the brackets themselves.

Forgot to add that it’s the same shield from 2013-2019.

Reactions: Nolines

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aidey1234

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.