2015 Chevy Silverado

OutofCantrol

Jan 1, 2011
Some where CT
These trucks are the latest pickups for Connecticut Environmental Conservation Police.

Equipment list:

Front end:

Pair of IonJ (red/blue split)

Pair of Pioneer nano 3 led.

Duel Talon (used)

Liberty light bar (used)

Sides:

IonJ surface mount

Rear:

Pair of Single Talons (used)

Back rack with pair of micro Pioneers

Pair of vertex.

Tool box (used)

Inside:

New havis console

New sentina weapons mount

Cencom Gold (used)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399051112.065430.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399051127.274516.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399051138.372576.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399051156.989861.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399051171.404350.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: massfirefighter
Dec 4, 2011
US NC
I like everything about it, except for the random Dual Talon in the windshield. Customer request?

Those micro pioneers are bright as hell though.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Nice job MHQ. I love everything except for the split R/B patterns on the ions; had they been solid color ions & an additional pair mounted for intersection warning up front, I would've been very happy :)

As for the dual talon, I want to smack the customer & tell them they should've had you mount it on the dash (as opposed to 2" below the Libby)

jhallgren22

Sep 8, 2013
Norton, MA
Question on the lighting to the rear.... why not use the pre-drilled bolt holes through the upright posts on the backrack to mount the spotlights? This gets thin a tiny bit higher with less drilling, also allows the other lights on the rack to be moved further towards the outside instead of being centered.

OutofCantrol

Jan 1, 2011
Some where CT
jhallgren22 said:
Question on the lighting to the rear.... why not use the pre-drilled bolt holes through the upright posts on the backrack to mount the spotlights? This gets thin a tiny bit higher with less drilling, also allows the other lights on the rack to be moved further towards the outside instead of being centered.

These guys do a lot of driving in the woods through trails and what not so this placement offers them the best height while still being somewhat protected.

strobecrazy

Apr 27, 2011
GA,ATL
jhallgren22 said:

By mounting the spot there, you're able to twist them to the side for ally lights.

RyanZ71

Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
strobecrazy said:
By mounting the spot there, you're able to twist them to the side for ally lights.

They will also still be able to get into most car washes and parking garages by not having the lights mounted up onto the backrack.

kmacinct

Jun 12, 2010
CT
I hope they found a way to lock down those toughbook mounts better.

Every DEEP Truck I've seen those are swinging in the breeze....

Alovebaby41

May 23, 2010
Texas
Would you happen to have anymore pictures of the console mounting? Did this truck have a floor mounted 4x4 shifter? If so, how did the console fit around that? Thanks

Reactions: lights9797

kitn1mcc

May 24, 2010
Old lyme ct
they look nice way nicer than the f250.    most of the equipment was removed from the fords and moved over.    see brand new truck with a bar with shot lenses   they need lens kits   but the state is broke

OutofCantrol

Jan 1, 2011
Some where CT
This was one of the last projects I worked on at MHQ but I don't think any have been ordered since kitn1mmc is correct the majority of the equipment is recycled from their F250s including the Libbys. The ones with real bad lens got new lens kits. Unfortunately the salesman that sold these trucks likes split heads, personally he's wrong but the customer was happy so I guess that's what matters.

Also yes these did have floor shifters and its a standard Havis 30" console.

From talking with deep they wanted a half ton or even a SUV because the officers weren't happy about riding around 8+ hours in a 3/4 ton pickup. So when looking at new vehicle they liked how the Chevy had a 1/2 ton extended cab with 4 regularly opening doors where with the ford they'd need a crew cab. Personally I don't know how well they will hold up. I say that not as a Ford guy but from looking at how beat the 3/4 tons were when they were replaced (most with 175-200k on the odometer). Plus the Chevy 1500 sits a lot lower than the F250 and these see lot of off road time.

kitn1mcc

May 24, 2010
Old lyme ct
The Maine Marshall service uses 1500 chevy.    They dont go real deep back roading like they used to.    also they were using just crown vics for years too

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.