2015 Ford F-150 (Retired)

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
Well I completely forgot about this thread. And I've gone backwards.

I was recently head hunted for a new job in the private sector. After losing 2 friends in the line of duty in the last 2 years and the crazy hours I was working I realized I needed to get out. So I've quit the Sheriff's office and have moved across the state. So it's back to the civilian life for me for now.

I looked for a video of my setup, but can't find it after I got a new phone and a PC. I'll be selling everything shortly. Stay safe everyone, it's weird times we are living in now and not in a good way.

Dave

Reactions: Mrlunchbox

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
Thank you for your service. It is definitely trying times for everyone. Best of luck in your new job! This was a nice build too. Definitely enjoyed watching it come along.

RyanZ71

Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
God speed, Dave. And thank you for your service. Very rough times losing friends in the line of duty. Take care of yourself and make sure you stay around here, ok?

kparr5

Sep 15, 2011
US/Kansas
I've had pretty much zero progress due to an insanely chaotic last couple of weeks. Short version of the story is I've been cleared to run slick top, finally, and been waiting for some new products and hardware to de designed and manufactured. I'm basically going to change everything except the rear HAW'S and front intersection lights. This is where I'm at for the time being.

View attachment 142300View attachment 142301

View attachment 142303View attachment 142299

Dave I'm going to be working on a 2017 Ford F-150 and a 2017 Dodge Ram shortly. I just have a few questions about the cannons you installed into the OEM reverse light. I'm wanting to do the same thing however I've never ordered or installed any cannons, just SOS and Whelen. So here are my questions.

1) Did you screw them into the taillight or does Feniex offer and adhesive type mount?

2) What did you do with the OEM reverse bulb? Did you just take the bulb out or leave it in behind the taillight. I planned on just removing the bulb and taping the harness to prevent corrosion. I just didn't know if removing the bulbs would throw a light in the dash saying a bulb was out?

Thanks for your help!

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
1) Did you screw them into the taillight or does Feniex offer and adhesive type mount?

They were the right size that I could fit them in the OEM housing and then used 2 small screws to secure them in place. Then I put some black silicone around them to keep moisture out.

2) What did you do with the OEM reverse bulb? Did you just take the bulb out or leave it in behind the taillight. I planned on just removing the bulb and taping the harness to prevent corrosion. I just didn't know if removing the bulbs would throw a light in the dash saying a bulb was out?

Thanks for your help!

I removed the OEM reverse bulb, spliced in a wire for the cannon override so they act as a reverse light. Then I taped the crap out of the OEM harness connector and zip tied it out of the way. No on board computer errors were thrown by doing this.

If you want, I would consider selling you the entire housing with lights already installed. I plan on trading this truck in soon anyways and it may save me some work (and money) by doing this.

kparr5

Sep 15, 2011
US/Kansas
They were the right size that I could fit them in the OEM housing and then used 2 small screws to secure them in place. Then I put some black silicone around them to keep moisture out.

I removed the OEM reverse bulb, spliced in a wire for the cannon override so they act as a reverse light. Then I taped the crap out of the OEM harness connector and zip tied it out of the way. No on board computer errors were thrown by doing this.

If you want, I would consider selling you the entire housing with lights already installed. I plan on trading this truck in soon anyways and it may save me some work (and money) by doing this.

Thank you for your quick response! Sorry there's no way to tell when or if the county will even by a Ford or a Dodge. Thanks anyways.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmood

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.