2017 Fire chief's Expedition upfit

Evtech161

Nov 9, 2016
Woburn
This a build we recently completed for a local Fire Chief -Hope everyone enjoys our choice of music.

Whelen HHS295SSA2 -handheld controller/Siren
with Whelen 100 watt speaker

Front & Intersection coverage
· Whelen SSFPOS16-wig wag flasher
· Grille--brooking ms26bs red and white
· Windshield pass side visor- whelen inner edge bar
· NOVA dash mount traffic preemptor (tied to driver door pin switch for shutdown)
· Bumper intersection brooking al6s red
· Under mirrors brooking al6m red

Rear of vehicle
· Side rear windows -Brooking 4 head rayZ- red/white
· Rear window - Brooking ray-z 8 head -red
· Rear tail lights Feniex cannon 120's red/white
· Botom tailgate (when open) Brooking ST6 Slim LEd -red
tied into ignition power only, and activated by pin switch when
tail gate is opened

Also installed are 2 dual head Motorola APX 6500 mobile radios, in UHF and VHF, with heads mounted in the front and rear cargo area of the vehicle for scene command operation

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
Install looks nice and well placed lighting. Very nice work!
I would like to inquire about the pre-emption.
Why and how is tied into the drivers door?
Don't get me wrong, if it works for the department than it works, but why not tie it into the park disable?
Just curious.

Evtech161

Nov 9, 2016
Woburn
This particular model year is NOT a PPV, and the park kill circut is part of a data bus. This prevented us from doing the old fashion park kill tie in... I'm sure there has to be a way to figure it out, but this chief needed his vehicle back pretty quickly, and we weren't sending it out without a disable circut, so pin switch it was lol. Thank you for compliment

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Nice work. The only 2 things I would change are the flash pattern on the inner edge and removing the 2 white grill lights in the middle (I think that it looks funny having 6 grill lights), but I understand that you just do what the customer wants

Evtech161

Nov 9, 2016
Woburn
The "knight rider" pattern was done to break things up from the grill.... there's so much grill in those trucks, that we didn't want it to look odd,with just a couple lights, and with all red it looked like a blur, so we added the white to break it up a little. We did test it out with all red first.. but thank you for the compliments, it's appreciated :)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.