2017 Ram 2500 Unmarked

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
Just completed, 2017 Ram 2500 for a police department. It's an unmarked unit and will be used for pulling trailers and possibly drug taskforce use.

Full Feniex build, was setup so the rear T3's and Fusion 600 can be shut off separately for when pulling trailers. Exterior lights were tinted to help conceal them. The Fusion 600 was also slightly tinted because when the sunlight hit the rear window the modules were easily seen. They wanted the vehicle to blend in with regular traffic as much as possibly and not stick out like a police vehicle. That is the reason their is no front side warning. I tried to get them to put hide-a-ways in the headlight housings but they didn't think it was needed.

They wanted the gun lock concealed so no one would know it was there. We decided to install it in one of the Rambox's with a hidden release switch, since we weren't sure if it would fit under the rear seat and it allows quicker access to the gun.

OSP959(R)

Mar 22, 2011
Ohio
I don't understand why agencies go through the efforts of trying to set up an 'unmarked' vehicle, and then choose black. How many times have you seen a black vehicle and thought 'that's unmarked....'?

Looks good. I realize you have to set up the vehicle to your customers demands.

Reactions: Station 3

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
Ryan, Thanks. Their are no LEDs in the taillights, it's just the stock bulbs wired to a flasher. I would of liked to have put hide-a-ways in the front turn signals for front side warning to help clear intersections.

OSP959, Thanks I don't know why they always go for a black or dark color with the occasional white. This one wasn't too bad but then they went and painted the rims black. Their was talks at one point last year that they were going to get an unmarked Utility in Blue. Their last unmarked vehicle was a maroon color so it looked like a fire department vehicle so it didn't scream police.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Advancedstreet

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.